Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone riding in the Peaks this weekend?
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Hi All,

Work takes me to Manchester this week, and so I was planning to Ride in the Peaks over the weekend- last couple of years I’ve taken in Cut gate and Jacob’s Ladder, and I wondered what else was up there?

If anyone was planning a ride over the weekend, it would be great to tag along…

Cheers all

Joe

flyingmonkeycorps

Might well be doing a Ladybower loop on Sunday – will be social pace and all that.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Social pace is good for me being a pansy southerner- what sort of route were you thinking?

Cheers

Joe

flyingmonkeycorps

Probably nothing too long – 10-15 miles, depending on weather and conditions and such. Certainly nothing epic! Will depend a bit on conditions too as to what’s on there, if it’s really wet Whinstone Lee Tor will be off the cards. But likely descents will be Hagg Side, t’Beast and Suicide Brake…

MartynS

go on… which one is Suicide Brake??

flyingmonkeycorps

Er, what’s it called. I’ve forgotten it’s real name. And I don’t have a map to hand.

Oh…

Gores Heights, is that it? If you went up Hagg Side and kept going straight on you’d get to it. Dead fast, with a cheeky hairpin at the bottom before the road.

MartynS

I assume you mean the road by the res??

screaming mile…!

flyingmonkeycorps

Nono, not Screaming Mile. Further North, brings you out past the visitor’s centre.

Ends here

eviljoe
    Free Member

Well, it all looks good… 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lockerbrook

flyingmonkeycorps

That’s the one!

Good descent either way 😀

MartynS

ha!!

I know that one as screaming mile..so the question is wheres your screaming mile??!

nbt

Screaming mile in terms of lockerbrook is the one we normally climb, further south – up hagg side through Ridges Coppice. Then again I’ve also heard Dirtlow Rake referred to as Screaming Mile.

crispo
    Free Member

Was around there at the weekend. Rode Ladybower on Saturday and Jacobs on Sunday.

Whinstone Lee Tor was riding brilliantly on Saturday, seems that last weeks rain has done very little harm.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

crispo – on a nomad?

flyingmonkeycorps

The one we call Screaming Mile we also use as a climb, goes up from the carpark by the bus stop further South. Funny how everyone knows everything by different names!

Hopefully might tag Whinstone Lee Tor on as well then, possibly descending cheekily to the pub…

footflaps

Whinstone Lee Tor – also known as Thatpost!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/thatpost/

hora
    Free Member

I’ll be riding Kinder circuit either Sat or Sun. I would have done it last weekend but lost my cleat bolts 😐

eviljoe
    Free Member

Cool- flyingmonkey, hora drop me a line and let me know where/when you are starting off and I’ll join you. All the trails around there looks good – WHATEVER they are called! 😀

flyingmonkeycorps

Will let you know when we know what plans are. I currently have two bikes in various states of build so it could all go to pot yet!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding in the Peaks this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.