Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone ride a WTB Prowler or WeirWolf?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Look for a large volume leight weight trail tyre (aren’t we all). Ride mostly in the peaks and it’s replacing some IRC Kujos. I’m looking at the Prowler MX 2.3 UST. It would be nice to save some weight.

Cheers

philconsequence
    Free Member

prowler here…. very very happy with the tyre 😀

akira

Weirwolf on front. Seems grippy and fast.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Sounds promising.

nbt

Grabbed a pair of weirwolfs, not great on the back so now have the two on front wheels of separate bikes. I live and ride in the dark peak 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just fitted a Prowler on the back of my TranceX, with a Stout on the front (very cheap on CRC). I’ll pop this thread in my favourites and report back after a couple of rides.

stevemorg2

I’ve got a 2.5 Weirwolf for sale if you are interested

philconsequence
    Free Member

prowler and stout combo here too, been running it since the end of last summer, handled everything i’ve ridden over and through, great mud clearance and grip on the loose stuff… dont want to change tyres for the summer as i like the current ones so much!

scottidog
    Free Member

I also ride the Peaks and had the prowler MXs as they came as OEM on my bike. Thought they were awesome, nice and round, tons of grip. Did get a couple of pinch flats though when running < 35 psi in the back, so ghettoed them and didn’t have any further problems.

Would have bought them again but I was attracted to the colossal girth of the 2.4 rubber queen which I still have on the front now. Gonna give Specialized Clutch SX a go next I reckon.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys, looks like I’ll try a couple of Prowlers then. The Stout sounds interesting but CRC aren’t punting out the UST on the cheap.

toons
    Free Member

Sorry I was running XT’s not MX’s! DoH!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is there much of a difference?

jimjam
    Free Member

Apart from mountain kings, I would have to rate the Wierwolf as the worst tire I’ve ever used. Completely unpredictable limit characteristics and less pinch flat protection than a 2.1 xc tyre. Avoid.

Onzadog
    Free Member

well, I’ve got a pair of 2.3 Prowlers waiting in the basket for me to press the button.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride a WTB Prowler or WeirWolf?’ is closed to new replies.