Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone ride arround Reading?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When not quaffing overpriced warm shandy in the Purple Turtle, where and when do you ride, and can I come allong?

Havent got a car so rides starting arround the town or if anyones heading out with a car?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

anyone?

mtbfix

Hi there fella. There are a few of us going out for a ride from Pangbourne station on Sunday morning, 9.30 for 10 start. Assuming you are in town this is just a few stops down the train line.

Technically this is a RetroBike ride but the wasps in the loft are guarding my retro stuff so if you rock up on one of those modern things you'll not be alone.

gusamc
    Free Member

Hi

based Burghfield Common,

have done Warren Loop (Caversamish)
    I do a cheeky Mortimerish route

and then within about 1 car hour of Reading

a few of us ride from near Basingstoke Station on Weds about 5.30

mtbfix – what sort of distance/speed …

fyi email is forum name a t <notcoldmail.com>
    Cheers

singletracksurfer

usually, but not around for a few weeks. sometimes go from reading, or meet in pangbourne, Nettlebed or go to Swinley.

mail me at singletracksurfer at hotmail dot com if interested for the future.

njee20
    Free Member

Try the PedalOn guys at Tadley, think they do rides.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Blimey, haven't been in the Turtle for years, probably since i moved away from the area. Got a mate on here who rides from Wargrave, i'll mention it to him.

boobs

I'd like a cheeky Mortimer loop. There doesn't seem to be a great deal round there.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Technically this is a RetroBike ride but the wasps in the loft are guarding my retro stuff so if you rock up on one of those modern things you'll not be alone

What's RetroBike? and where's the ride from pangbourne going ? & how many are you prepared to let tag along?
    🙂

giantjason
    Free Member

a group of us from work (varies from 1 person to 6) go from caversham most tuesday nights for a ride of around 30miles. we mostly go on a mix of trails north of reading ranging from Goring to Henley and as far north as Nettlebed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

cheers guys, that should give me 3 regular rides a week at least 🙂

Just been exploring arround Purley this evening, the woods between there and caversham are cheekytastic!

Straightliner

Try Berks on Bikes (BoBMBC) as well, based out of the Crowthorne area and ride Swinley and surrounds several times per week. Easy enough to get a train to Martin's Heron for Swinley and some great singletrack.

mtbfix

For those enquiring about Sunday's jaunt from Pangbourne, it is a meet at Pangbourne station at 9:30 for a 10 start. Distance is set to be 30 miles, give or take a few, and pace will be that of the slowest rider. The larger the group, the slower they tend to roll along anyway.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'll bring allong the red lantern then 🙂

mtbfix

Look forward to meeting you.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Is this a regular ride? I'd like to hook up next time. Was moving house this weekend and couldn't sneak away ;)bah!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don't think so, it was a RetroBike forum ride, with a grand total of 2 STW'ers and 1 RetroBiker! (guess who had the most mechanicals/faffing stops? sorry Christian!)

There's no way I'd find the route again, and I've got a holliday and a housemove to sort out in the next fortnight. But would be good to ride it again at some point with the GPS switched on for future reference!

Need to get an XC build finished though, 30lb of 5" hadrtail may be the fastest way to get arround the Peaks, but was a bit of a beast manhandling it through that many muddy off camber corners, my back's killing me!

mtbfix

Yeah, we had a pretty high drop out rate as the ride approached what with one thing and another.

BluePalomino, where are you based? I'm riding that general area most weekends so happy to hook up.

jsinglet

http://www.readingctc.co.uk

Don't be put off by the CTC bit, we aren't tourists. Wednesdays 7:30, Sundays 10 at Caversham bridge.

Gilles

Are the Pewsey/Marlborough downs too far from Reading? We have a STW ride set on Sunday, 9th of August, and everybody is welcome.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

BluePalomino, where are you based? I'm riding that general area most weekends so happy to hook up

I'm in Reading! But with the ol' family stuff my only real ride time is early sunday morning starts. I usually hack around the trails above caversham (between pangbourne & henley -ish). Happy to hook up. email is in profile.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride arround Reading?’ is closed to new replies.