Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone recognise this 'darkside' frame?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Spotted this 2nd-hand roadbike yesterday… Any ideas on the frame manufacturer? Carbon construction, has a very distinctive top tube, kind of 'shamrock'-like in cross section, also the left side chainstay is quite flattened; do either of these features help identify it?

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/3805272226_61d0576370.jpg[/img]

psychle
    Free Member

And the other question is, should I buy it? 😆

MrSmith
    Free Member

it looks like a Deda?

psychle
    Free Member

Don't know the brand… a quick google doesn't throw up any images either… what makes you say it may be a Deda? cheers 🙂

Dimmadan
    Free Member

How much?

MrSmith
    Free Member

it was the curved top tube.
    i was just guessing. the fork shape looks distinctive so may help you identify it.

psychle
    Free Member

£800… he also had a nice looking Specialized Tarmac in there as well, this is it:

This is only £500, which may be the better option… though I do like the custom aspect of the Honda bike 😀

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Depends on fit and also what the running gear is. Spesh is nice but you know that REPSOL may be a 1 off and a bet it is light as.

psychle
    Free Member

it is very light… probably a pound or two lighter than the Spesh (from a very un-scientific heft of each 🙄 )

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I'd have a look on Pedalforce's website – it might just be one of theirs (which I don't think would be a bad thing.) The head tube looks like one of their Triathlon frames, as do the forks, though the seat stays don't match with it. IIRC, they make (amongst a number of others) the Ribble Sportive Racing, that's very well regarded – though I'm not 100% on that.

psychle
    Free Member

cheers chaps, thanks for the tips… had a look at the pedalforce sight, couldn't see anything that looks much like it? The top tube is the most distinctive thing, it's like someone has pinched it almost… really strange, but good looking in a way 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

pedalforce are deda frames (as are ribble)

aracer
    Free Member

pedalforce are deda frames

No they're not.

I'd try asking on a roadie forum – not something I recognize (and definitely not a pedalforce). Or you could always try asking the seller?

rOcKeTdOg

the "Honda" bike looks awful with that stickers set on ot, i'd take the spesh

oldgit
    Free Member

Kuota?

mt
    Free Member

Try looking at Basso, they do a carbon frame with a shamrock tube profile. I'm fairly certain that the model is called Astra. Basso frames are very good and manufactured in Monza.

oldgit
    Free Member

Kuota did their Kebel frame in Repsol colours. And those forks look identical to Kuotas, which in turn are similar to Planet X Carbon SL's.
    Definately a Kuota I think.

tragically1969
    Free Member

the "Honda" bike looks awful with that stickers set on ot, i'd take the spesh

I second that, apart from it looks fuggin awful, i hate frames with bulbus head tubes and then 1/8" steerers sticking through like a matchstick.

Go for the Spesh

vinnyeh

are they at a dealer psycle?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

De Rosa idol?

traildog
    Free Member

Looks like a Kuota to me also. The headtube bulg and the chainstays shape look exactly like a Kuota.
    Kuota also do a custom paintjob option so this would also point to this. Checkout Pezcycling news for kuota drooling as he seems to love them.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

colnago clx?

psychle
    Free Member

Looking at the Kuota website, it looks very much like an older version of the Kredo (though I wonder what year?) I guess I'll drop them an email and see if they recognise it… would be interesting to know the history of it; I wonder if one of my Aussie heros, Mick Doohan, ever sat on it, or even the mad monkey himself, Valentino Rossi!

FuzzyWuzzy

It's not a Colnago CLX or a Basso Astra, seatstays are wrong for a De Rosa Idol to. No clue what it actually is but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a generic Taiwanese/Chinese carbon frame rather than a repainted branded frame.
    I'm intrigued by the chainset – looks like a Dura-Ace 7900 rings but not crank arm?

psychle
    Free Member

are they at a dealer psycle?

A small little bike store in Kensington/Chelsea, only seems to deal in 2nd-hand stuff (though he did have a nice Sanderson Soloist frame in the window 🙂 ) Only reason I stopped was because my chain snapped almost right out the front, he fixed it up and did a quick tune-up for a tenner, nice work 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recognise this 'darkside' frame?’ is closed to new replies.