Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone personal experience of swat vest or race face stash tank?
  • Lummox

Having had another ride unecumbered by a pack I’m keen to still carry the few items I have (mainly phone, keys and pager) that don’t lend themselves to being taped to the bike etc.

Has anyone actual user experience of the two named under vests?

I’ve tried the concept with a roadie top but don’t want to be wearing proper double layers in this heat.

Also don’t like the roadie Lycra look (think mamil)

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Dunno but spesh atlas xc shorts with the swat bib liner are great.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Yes I’ve got the race face. Doesn’t come with any bladder despite being called ‘tank’ but CRC have now updated their description.

Works Ok. Look like quasimodo with a bladder in it. Quite cool despite the extra layer. Struggle a bit to get pads on and not feel like they’re in of falling out.

I had to fashion some metal bubble insulation as the water was getting horribly warm.

Nice to have a change without a pack but Over priced and some niggles. Feels a bit weird not having a pack. I only use it in the summer.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Stash tank user here.

Been using it since last year – bought it to do mayhem solo without a pack.

Been using it with a backbottle quite happily. Have stitched in a line of velcro to close middle pocket to keep keys and phone safe.

Bit warm/sweaty but not too bad.

Only thing I couldn’t get on with was using a bladder in it – pulled the neck/collar tight into my neck/throat area and was a bit uncomfortable, so have used it with a backbottle ever since.

Ideal for local short blasts!

Hope that helps,

A

legend
    Free Member

As above, the Specialized SWAT bibs are bloody good!

Lummox

Brilliant thanks for the input, I very much doubt I’d use a bladder with either. The Velcro is a good idea having read a review of a lost multi tool.

Now to decide bibs or just vest aaaaaaaaargh!

fathomer

I’ve used my Spec Swat bibs three times now and think there brill!

Lummox

With regards to the spesh atlas short how long in the leg are they? Also how narrow and do they fit well with knee pads.

Wife wants to order me something for my birthday tonight and I’ve seen a pair of the shorts at a cracking price.

wiggles
    Free Member

Endura do a single track bibshort with pocket on the back as well, much better pad than the specialized I my opinion (and I’m a spesh fanboy)

Would be great for your phone and keys, probably need a time machine for the other though;)

solidrooster
    Free Member

Atlas shorts with swat bibs great bit of kit work well with knee pads. Spare water bottle sits comfortably in rear middle pocket pump and food in other back pockets. Got 2 small zipped pockets on front ideal for car keys and cash. Length wise theyre just a tad bit shorter than endura 3/4s.

solidrooster
    Free Member

They size up small though. I’m a 34 waist but I went for 38’s xlarge. Just measured the inseem of the outers 38cm.
    Are they on offer somewhere? Wouldn’t mind a second pair myself

Lummox

Just seen a 2014 pair at cycle store. Only had 38″-40 which hopefully will be good, they did have other years though but not sure on price

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone personal experience of swat vest or race face stash tank?’ is closed to new replies.