Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone owned/ridden Giant XTC 29er?
  • Painey
    Free Member

Considering buying one of these at it looks ideal for light trail use and the odd race here and there. Been searching around and seems to get positive reviews but just wondered if anybody on here had any experiences of one?

Appreciate any help as it’s a bit of a faff for me to go and look at one in the flesh. If it’s not worth my while I may not make the effort.

Cheers

perthmtb
    Free Member

Last year I was riding an XTC 26″ and my mate an XTC 29″ as our race bikes. Both good lightweight hardtail bikes, and the carbon frame even more so. I’ve now graduated to an Anthem 29er as my race bike as I’m getting old, and the hardtail was punishing my back too much on all day epics, but if you’re young and fit enough to keep your bum off the saddle for a couple of hours then go for it…

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Currently own one and use it for races.Very fast and light and not as harsh as you would think for an alloy hardtail but that could be down to tyres,seatpost etc. First year of racing hardtail again and certainly more enjoyable than my last experience on a 26 hardtail.I do also have an Anthem X29 which would be my preference on epic rides and mucking about with my mates.
    Thanx,
    Max

weeksy

Yup, they’re great. Had one for 18 months before swapping to a Spearfish for the comfort.

mtbfix

Herself has an xtc composite 29er. I’ve pinched it a few times and it is a pleasure to ride and fast to boot.

Painey
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments. Off to look at one in a minute.

Cheers

belugabob
    Free Member

I rode one of these when testing 29ers, before settling on a different bike.
    They ride really well, but I felt the riding position was too ‘racy’ (i.e. bent over the bars too much) for my liking – as I’m a ‘more mature biffer’ 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone owned/ridden Giant XTC 29er?’ is closed to new replies.