Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone know of a breakdown policy that covers both cars and motorcycles ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

thanks
    Bill

Rubber_Buccaneer

You mean like the AA or RAC?

momo

The ‘free’ RAC cover that I get with my bank account covers both, worth having a look on the websites for RAC and AA to see, remember that most policies cover the policy holder and not the vehicle.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ve always used the AA. They cover the PERSON and not the vehicle. We’ve (my wife and I) used them with bikes a few times in the past and they have always been brilliant. The last time they brought Mrs PP and her poorly Speed Four back from Heysham docks to Hampshire with no complaint at all. They have replaced a clutch cable on one bike for me, and recovered us 3 other times that I can think of. This is why I continue to pay out for them! 🙂

amplebrew

My AA covers me for both the car and bike and my RAC did as well.

From the AA website….

AA Breakdown Cover doesn’t just cover cars. You’ll also be able to call us out for assistance with:

motorbikes, vans, minibuses, caravans or trailers on tow
    However, some restrictions do apply. Your vehicle will need to meet the following specifications in order for us to be able to provide you with breakdown cover:

Maximum vehicle weight – 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) gross vehicle weightMaximum vehicle width – 7ft 6in (2.3m)

smartmonkey
    Free Member

Anything that says it’s a driver policy rather than a vehicle specific policy.
    As stated above available from both the AA and the RAC among others.
    I’ve called the AA out for someone elses bike I was a passenger on, didn’t make any difference to the AA.

SM

anagallis_arvensis

RAC works for me. My old beemer has been recovered a few times.

maccruiskeen

Some policies like AA cover the policy holder rather than a vehicle so you’ll get assistance no matter what or who’s car you are driving – arguably you might even be covered as a passenger. Greenflag by contrast the policy is for a specified vehicle only

superfli
    Free Member

ADAC.
    Like AA, but German (in fact they send AA out in uk), so covers you for all of western europe, any wehicle, nurburgring, for less than anything else. (80euro/annum)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Also Green Flag. Was a member for several years and was rescued twice (broken key and electrical fault). Given on a bike I’m likely to be miles away from home and sometimes with a load of bike gear (breakdowns above were Troon and Ballachulish both away for a long weekend, both 100+ miles from home), I went for a “get me home” policy. As above it was an “any vehicle” policy.
    Found the service excellent, but now get AA through a bank deal (although I’d recommend Green Flag over AA)

kaiser
    Free Member

I’m interested in ADAC cover as it seems quite cheap and comprehensive although it does seem that they’ll only tow you 50 miles in the UK .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone know of a breakdown policy that covers both cars and motorcycles ?’ is closed to new replies.