Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone have flat feet and…
  • Gooner
    Free Member

have to wear insoles?

if so where do you get them from?
    I need several new pairs but the podiatrist I used previously charges a fortune (circa £50 per pair)for each set

any suggestions?

thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes and yes. I went private and paid almost £200 all tolled for the consult, two pair of custom orthotics and follow ups. Sounds a lot but fixed the problem.

therealhoops
    Free Member

+1 Onzadog but only paid £150.

Gooner
    Free Member

i agree mine fixed the problem but i need several more pairs (bike shoes, wellies, walking boots etc) and i was hoping to find a cheaper alternative

Gooner
    Free Member

oh dear, flat feet seem to be more expensive than bikes!

john_drummer
    Free Member

me too. I got mine on the NHS as a follow up from a broken leg – when I was having my physio, the therapist spotted it & referred me to the podiatrist.

pcb
    Free Member

Have you tried Superfeet insoles.

I have wonky feet and they really help, much cheaper that custom orthotics.

Geronimo
    Free Member
    andybach
    Free Member

I've had both NHS ones and privateones – the private ones are carbon fibre and were about £200 i think. The NHS are crap by comparisom and only really where them in Wellies and heavy work boots – i have tried all sorts of off the shelf products and they are ok for occasional use but not for all day walking.

To be fair the NHS ones got better each time i went back – once the guy was convinced i would actually wear them – the latest ones are much slimmer and you can actually wear them in a normal pair of shoes.

The big difference was that when i had them made privately they took full on plaster casts of my feet so the fit was perfect – wheras the NHS just did it my eye really.
    You pays your money………..

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Blimey – mine cost about £30 from my physio and work fine. Very mild case of it and more pronounced in my right foot.

Esme
    Free Member

Orthaheel work well for me, at about £23
    Now taken over by Scholl
    http://www.scholl.com/en-GB/Orthaheelnew/Page.raction

Shackleton

I use green superfeet in all of my shoes and have cut up an old insole to put underneath it to support the arch more and fill in the toe volume as needed for different shoe. Probably not as good as the real thing but has turned aching feet and back into non-aching feet and back.

iainc

same as andybach, onza etc. Private, plaster casts and the plastic orthotics – cost about £150, then I think additional £60 for additional pairs. I got mine without any foam or coverings so they can get wet, dirty etc. Don't wear on the bike though – use Spesh BG for that.

highclimber
    Free Member

I have very flat feet (hypermobile tendons) and have given up on insoles as they always give me blisters on my arch, esp. when running or on long walks.

anyway, I would ring your local university podiatry department. Salford university have a very good one if you live in the northwest and they charge about £30 for an assesment and not a lot for orthotic construction (particularly if you get a student to do it).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone have flat feet and…’ is closed to new replies.