Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • anyone have a copy of the latest iDave?
  • scruff
    Free Member

snakebite – Member
    15 lbs gone in 5 weeks.

Haircut ?

donsimon
    Free Member

including aspects of the mediterranean diet if they wish to avoid cardiovascular disease and the cancers studies show it protects from.

Out of interest, what are these inclusions?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

including aspects of the mediterranean diet if they wish to avoid cardiovascular disease and the cancers studies show it protects from.

I thought there was a recent study that said that eating lots of fruit had little effect on cancer aviodance/redution. Pretty sure the Gov’t aknowledged it but said carry on eating fruit anyway.

I’ll keep eating it, no matter what. Because I like it.

Edukator
    Free Member

The Inuits would die of scurvey if they only ate seal blubber and fish but they also eat whale skin, raw liver and things that do contain vitamin C but also contain both proteins and fats so your fat only or protein only study group can’t eat them.

iDave
    Free Member

For an “idiot” I’m doing a remarkably good job of demonstrating that your diet is indeed a fad diet that will be counter-productive in the long term

This ‘remarkably good job’ is a figment of your imagination though based on what I’ve read. I’ve yet to see anyone support your view either backing up what you ‘consider’ or agreeing with your efforts at discrediting what I’ve proposed.

Did I miss all the posts agreeing with your view?

Shall we take a vote on it?

And can you post your nutrition plan for everyone to follow?

Edukator
    Free Member

Did you read my last link, iDave? It backs up exactly the eating habits I’ve been suggesting throughout. The mediterranean diet I posted too. I’m the one presenting the mainstream view and you’re the one with a red list that includes all fruit.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve convinced the wife to give it a go; I’m iDave and so’s my iWife. We’re, ahem, rather different body shapes so it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

donsimon
    Free Member

We’re, ahem, rather different body shapes so it’ll be interesting to see what happens

I think you’ll find they’re called breasts. 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Edukator,

I can see why you no longer teach….

And I’ll tip my hat to you as I love the irony in your forum name!!!

Now run along and let the grown ups talk

iDave
    Free Member

Edukator – can you tell me what nutrients fruit supplies that are exclusive to fruit? Any vitamins or minerals that veg can’t also provide? Heaven forbid of course that veg such as broccoli or peppers might provide more Vit C than most fruit.

Edukator
    Free Member

For anyone who reads French I suggest following the diet developped by the Etude de Lyon:

Etude de Lyon diet

Diet in this context meaning heathly eating programme.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Edukator – why do you keep going on about this?

Do you somehow know iDave off-line?

Why don’t you just write up your own diet sheet and offer it to forumites? If people prefer the look of it, they can follow your plan and if it works for them… jobs a good’n.

If it doesn’t then you, like I, can be happy that we have a way of eating that works for us and our lifestyles and everyone else can choose what they want.

I think you’d be hard pushed to look at an iDiet shopping basket of goods and say it was bad for the shoppers health. So what’s your real problem?

iDave
    Free Member

As far as I know, I have never come across edukator in real life, though he’s behaving like I never picked him for my footy teams at primary school.

Edukator
    Free Member

Or that some fruits contain 30 times the vitamin C of peppers. You’re unlikely to find them in the UK hedgerows though.

I’m not saying exclude vegetables, I’m saying eat fruit and vegetables because there is nothing wrong with eating fruit. Fructose has an average GI of 19 remember.

You are saying no fruit, it’s for you to demonstate that fruit is harmful not for me to demonstrate that fruit has exclusive properties.

iDave
    Free Member

I’m saying eat fruit one day a week. That’s not no fruit. You’ve consistently demonstrated that you actually have no idea what the diet actually suggests. Even a decent troll does their homework.

Fructose low GI misses the point. Which I suppose means at least you’re consistent when it comes to missing the point. All food and all sugars are not dealt with in the same way.

– The results are being presented at The Endocrine Society’s 92nd Annual Meeting in San Diego by lead author Georgina Coade, a PhD student at the University of Bristol in the U.K.

“Fructose, the research team found, had different effects to that of glucose and caused the fat cells to differentiate more — that is, to form more mature fat cells — but only in visceral fat.

For both types of fat cells, maturation in fructose decreased the cells’ insulin sensitivity, which is the ability to successfully take up glucose from the bloodstream into fat and muscles. Decreased insulin sensitivity is a characteristic of Type 2 diabetes.

Although prolonged exposure to fructose had a negative effect on insulin sensitivity, when Coade and her co-workers exposed mature fat cells, rather than preadipocytes, to fructose for 48 hours, the cells’ insulin sensitivity increased. The reason why is unknown. However, she said, “Fructose alters the behavior of human fat cells if it is present as the fat cells mature. We can maybe compare this [timing] to periods in children when they are making their fat.”

davidjones15
    Free Member

You are saying no fruit, it’s for you to demonstate that fruit is harmful not for me to demonstrate that fruit has exclusive properties.

Has anyone actually said that fruit is harmful? 😯

Edukator
    Free Member

There are plenty of good healthy diets that include fruit and cereals to be had, I’ve linked a couple. The iDave diet has developped cult status on STW in the same way that single-speed, 2*ers and rigid forks have in the past on the bike forum. I’m presenting arguments against following iDave in the same way as people argue against single speed (bad for your knees, always in the wrong gear… .) Where’s the problem? There’s room here for alternative viewpoints or is this an iDave only zone?

When an alternative view is seen as an afront then your views are perhpas a little blinkered. When insult is your only defense then your arguments are weak.

Edukator
    Free Member

If it’s not harmful then why does iDave have it on his red list David? Fruit with every meal doesn’t make you fat, doesn’t upset your blood sugar levels or insulin response. Fruit ois good, why ban it in a diet plan?

Russell96

It’s been working for me 111.8kg on New Years day, 97.4kg this week and its given me enough energy to still do one of the The Time Crunched Cyclist training plans which has some dammed hard interval sessions.

davidjones15
    Free Member

If it’s not harmful then why does iDave have it on his red list David?

Is the red list eduspeak for banned, becasue I don’t think anything is actually banned.
    Does not being beneficial automatically mean harmful? Or simply not the most effective way of reaching your objective?

iDave
    Free Member

Edukator
    Free Member

“Red light – No fruit”. RST Low GI fat loss programme (AKA the iDave diet)

davidjones15
    Free Member

Not even on the day off? That’s a bit off.

iDave
    Free Member

And does it say about the day off? Perhaps something like eat as much of whatever you like. Why are you such a spiteful shit-stirrer Edukator? Did I run over your cat once?

You can eat it on your day off, despite what Edukator would like you to think

Jamie
    Free Member

Did I run over your cat once?

Genius! 8)

CaptJon
    Free Member

Edukator – Member
    So you too are down to insult too now, iDave. For an “idiot” I’m doing a remarkably good job of demonstrating that your diet is indeed a fad diet that will be counter-productive in the long term and that iDave dieters would do better to eat a healthy, balanced diet in moderation, including aspects of the mediterranean diet if they wish to avoid cardiovascular disease and the cancers studies show it protects from.

psml

Edukator, you haven’t demonstrated anything. You have made assertions about the benefits of other diets, but you have given no evidence relating to the iDD. You have done the opposite by repeatedly demonstrating a misunderstanding of what it is about. For example, the iDD is a healthy, balanced diet and does include aspects of the mediterranean diet. It is not low carb, and it bans no food groups.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

iDave, walk away; it’s obvious from the feedback in this thread that you don’t need to be defending yourself at ten to eleven on a Sunday night

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘anyone have a copy of the latest iDave?’ is closed to new replies.