Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone Got an Intense Tracer?
  • shooterman

How does it pedal uphill?

craig1975
    Free Member

i do and it pedals up hill fine hardly any pedal bob, but the RP23 shock blows through the mid stroke a bit which sometimes gives a kinda wallowing feel, over all it's a grate bike 8)

mtbmarkymark
    Free Member

Hi Shooterman

I've had one about 5 months. Bought on the back of the S.T mag reviews.

Best climbing bike i own. Much better my faux bar Cove Hustler which i bought it to replace

Its good at slow granny gear technical climbs as pedalling seem's to make the front of the bike rise up a bit. This makes it easy to get the front wheel up if going over a little rock.

Good too for out of the saddle climbing. lock the front fork, flick the propedal on on the RP23 and you get minimal bob from the rear.

Front end is low slung, bottom bracket is not too high either, you feel seated in the bike not on it which i like. Feels very cross country even with 150mm of travel at the front.

Downsides. Well it depends what you want it for. Despite its beefy 1.5 head tube it is really just a long travel trail bike at heart. Ideal for UK trail centres and pedal up ride down days out in the alps.

I tried it on lift assisted alpine days and it wasn't really man enough. ( I'm no Steve Peat a 2 foot drop off is my limit ) Had to retire it after a few days and with severe rear end wobble. Luckily the Cove stepped in save the day. Importers diagnosed a colapsed bearing but even now its fixed its not really stiff enough. Give the rear end of a built up one in a shop a waggle to see what i mean.

So probably best run in the shorter travel mode with a fork with 32mm stanchions. A good match with my Fox Talas 150 QR15's. I've abandoned plans to get a Fox 36 fork as i don't think the rear end is man enough

Blur LT is essentially the same bike but with less rear end flex. You could just about justify a pair of 36 stanchion air forks with this

Personally i think you need to move up to the likes of a Nomad with its beefy 160mm travel rear end to justify the 36's at the front

So horses for courses , Hope this helps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Got an Intense Tracer?’ is closed to new replies.