Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone got a Mazda 6
  • bash
    Free Member

Looking at a new Mazda 6 tourer for a company car, has anyone got one or have experience of them? Quite liked it on the test drive and the reviews seem positive. Looking at the 2.2 150 diesel, if anyone has one of these I’d be v interested in real world economy.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Superb cars. I’ve had 3 of them, all 2 litre petrol though. Just back from Forest of Dean and did 47 mpg with a tandem on the roof and a single hung on the back.

See this for real MPG honest john real mpg

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Mate has a saloon 2.2 diesel and loves it. Does loads of miles and not sure on the mpg, but seems better than the 2ltr tdci Mondeo he swapped it in for.

wallop

Can’t offer any real world experience but they are a very popular choice of company car amongst my colleagues.

surfer
    Free Member

My brother has got one and he doesnt have a clue about cars and misses services etc because he is busy/dozy. He has had it for years and it runs perfectly. Must be good.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How about the Citroën C6? How does it compare?

properbikeco
    Free Member

mazda > citroen

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But the Citroën is prettier

crush83
    Free Member

i have a Mazda 6 2.2D TS2 estate. generaly get about 43 ish mpg better on long runs. get roughly 400 – 500 miles to a tank but i do alot of town running about. its AWESOME! got rid of a 2.4 v6 Audi A4 for it and doubled my mileage and halfed my tax. I can fit the bike in the back with seats down without taking any wheels off. boot is huge and it has so many toys, cruise control, blind spot warning and auto lights and wipers to name a few of my favorites. the 2.2 goes like a rocket and will suprise people who aren’t expecting it. be aware it is LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG as in wont fit fully inside many parking spaces without overhanging a foot usualy. other than that its brill!

jonny-m
    Free Member

Just bought a Sport Estate on a 60 plate. Looking forward to getting it next week,

neilco
    Free Member

Had a 2.0 petrol in previous version. Anniversary edition with leather and Bose stereo. Loved it, great car. Nothing went wrong and I don’t treat my cars very nicely, Fuel consumption was lousy (ca. 30 mpg), but that was probably due to the way we drove it. Lots of tiime on autobahns at 160kph-ish. Massive boot and loads of leg room in the rear seat, though the front passenger is a bit poorly done by. Would have another one if I was in the market again,

bash
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback, seems like I won’t have to worry too much. Currently driving a Passat Estate so size won’t be an issue but fancy something different this time.

bash
    Free Member

Have you got your new car yet Jonny? What’s it like?

renton
    Free Member

How on earth is he ^^^^^ getting 47mpg out of a petrol with a tandam on the roof ?

My mondeo barely does anymore than that as normal and its a diesel.

Anyway back on topic….. I had a 60 plate sport estate with the 2.2 180bhp engine so quite similar. Was very good on fuel and handled really well.

Just make sure you protect the paint well as its prone to chipping quite easily.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

How on earth is he ^^^^^ getting 47mpg out of a petrol with a tandam on the roof ?

The most I’ve had it up to was 58mpg (nothing on roof). But that was travelling from South Norfolk to North Lincolnshire (rather flat). Travelling back and forth to work I get between 48 and 52 mpg depending on the time of the year. It all depends on your driving style and anticipation.

yeager2004
    Free Member

Had new shape 2.2 diesel estate as company car for a couple of years.

+’ve:

Absolutely loads of space – even with rear seats up can get an incredible amount of stuff in the back

Frugal – Usually averaged mid -40s – early 50s out of a tank, with a mix of motorway and town driving. With just myself in it driving in moving but busy section of motorway (so prob doing about 50 MPG for most of the way down from Leeds to M25), it claimed over 60

Comfortable – can drive 400+ miles in it without any back or shoulder aches

-ve:

Bit un-inspiring – it doesn’t pretend to be anything sporty, but it never really put a smile on my face driving it

Niggling faults – the tyre pressure light seemed incredible sensitive. After 3 failed attempts by garage to reset and recalibrate it, the conclusion was problem was caused by different brands (although identical size) tyres on the front. Next new set when both were replaced cured the problem

No spare tyre- don’t think was even an option – flat tyre meant a 90 min wait to be towed home

Keyless start – ok, bit of a first world problem but lack of ignition key means when you get out the car, you have to remember where you chucked the key!

Equipment – for a brand new car, was a bit dissapointed no DAB radio. I don’t think it had USB port for charging either

It was is a big car, so the parking sensors are a worthwhile option for when squeezing into parking spaces. As I recall, this was standard on fit on the SE-L model

renton
    Free Member

I can’t get my head around that.

People are saying they get around mid 40 to Early 50’s out of the diesel with nowt on the roof yet you are getting the same out of a petrol engine which isn’t going to be as econonmical anyway. Plus a tandem on the roof and another bike on the back ???

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Like I said, it all depends on your driving style and anticipation. Plus some fairly flat terrain around this part of the world. I’ve done brim to brim fills and it works out at about 2 mpg less than the reading from the car computer. I can’t achieve those figures in areas like the lakes or Wales etc. Probably lose about 5 mpg.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

yeager2004 – Member
    I don’t think it had USB port for charging either

It’s in the arm-rest compartment(between seats) with a 12v supply as well.

renton
    Free Member

Fair play then. Makes you wonder why people buy diesel if you can get that out of a modern petrol.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Mazda 6’ is closed to new replies.