Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a Canon Ixus 90IS or know about them?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just bought myself one and want an 8gb memory card (why on earth does a 10mb camera ship with a 32mb card I never know!)

Anyhoos – I have heard that not all cameras will work with the larger cards so will mine? I have tried PC World (where I bought it from) but the guy on the phone hardly inspired me with his knowledge and can’t be bothered buying and having to return if I can help it.

Ta

cp

from the canon website, in the bit about the IXUS 90 surprisingly…

MEMORY CARD

Type

SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus. 32MB memory card supplied

Aidy
    Free Member
    cp

arse, missed the bit of about capacity.. if it accepts SDHC, then it will generally go up to about 16GB

cp

and probably 32 when they are more widely available

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I looked on the Canon site and figured they worked with the SDHC, I just couldn’t find the info regarding the larger size working. Or is it simply that the larger ones are HC that I need to be aware of and as long as my camera can cope with HC then I am okay?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aidy – thanks for that link – I found this nestled in the review…

The camera is SDHC compliant, as proved by the fact that I tested it with a 16GB SDHC card from Kingston.

Which is all I need to know.

🙂

GeForceJunky

4gb Trancend Class 6 cards are £7 or 8gb are £12.50 from 7dayshop.com posted, so I’d by a couple of these. 16gbs is a hell of a lot of photos to loose if a card corrupts so I wouldn’t go any larger.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I do that for my DSLR – several smaller cards, rotated so if I lose one I do not lose all shots from a shoot.

Just wanted a larger card for my compact as we will be using it to shoot video too (when our twins arrive in a few weeks) 🙂

Anyhoos – got my 16gb one now and it works fine. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Canon Ixus 90IS or know about them?’ is closed to new replies.