Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Anyone got a Bronson 2 yet???
  • sime46
    Free Member

I dying to know. I’m ready to buy one but unsure whether to grab a bargain 2015CC frame or go for the new one. Anyone who has real feedback, I’d really appreciate it. On the verge of my dream build. Wanna get it right.

legend
    Free Member

who has real feedback

Really? All you’re gonna get is “OMGZ best bike EVAR!!!1!” from any of the crowd that have just dropped that amount of coinage on a brand new, just launched, bike

kimbers

:+)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I would rethink your dream build. Those Santa Cruz’s only really look suitable for girls and/or children, due to the fact they painted either bright pink on green. Quite ironic really, since they’re named after a paedophile…

Have a look at the new Cotic, definitely a less embarassing bike to own for someone approaching middle age.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yeah they are pretty hideous, but the whole point of them is the longer top tube to remedy the complaints of every single bronson 1 owners except girls and/or children, so gotta go B2!

sime46
    Free Member

Not quite what I was hoping for. I’ve decided on the bike thanks(here comes some more abuse). Just not sure whether to go all out for the new one or try the cheaper route of a discounted close out model. I test rode one a little while ago and enjoyed it very much. It suits me and I’m neither female or a child(married with one if that matters). Please don’t hate me just because I want a Santa Cruz. Well, not just for that. Would it help you guys to know I used to own an Orange Five? I loved that too!!! I’m clearly someone to be ridiculed on here. White VW 4×4 on the drive too!! Come on. Do your worst, but while you’re at it, if anyone has anything of REAL value to add about the original post I’d be extremely grateful. I’m off to hide behind the sofa.

mikeep
    Free Member

I was quite excited about it until I saw a pic of the mud shelf lower link. That just aint’ gonna work up here in scotlandshire.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😆

Keep the Orange!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

who buys a newly launched bike only to be discounted heavily midyear… unless you are really loaded then go for it. nothing wrong with SC dude, only Yeti is better 😉

woodster

I was quite excited about it until I saw a pic of the mud shelf lower link. That just aint’ gonna work up here in scotlandshire.

The old one was hardly well-protected from dirt and given the well-used state of my Carbine lower-link when I had it, I’d much rather do a bit more cleaning for some more ground clearance.

Mostly I’d be after a new one for the extra length.

smatkins1
    Free Member

A lot of hate and prejudice about on this one.

I had a look at one in the flesh at the weekend and I ride the original carbon Bronson myself.

It’s a nice looking machine and whilst I’ve no issues with mine being too short I’d have to actually ride the new one before making any decisions about it being better if I was buying one today I would go for the newer one. I don’t think the small saving you could make would be worth it in the long run.

legend
    Free Member

White VW 4×4 on the drive too!!

Santa Cruzs only fit on (the outside bizarrely) Tranporters

sime46
    Free Member

Cheers guys. That didn’t hurt now did it? Orange sold last month dude. Transit Custom for bike transport but strictly always inside. Stops naughty people seeing it. T5’s are waaaay to obvious. Pretty tho I’ll admit. I also covet the Yeti. The SB6c is rude. I’m in love with the Bronny tho. Just deciding between old or new. Almost £800 difference which does appeal now but I’d perhaps regret later not going new. Big investment which whilst affordable, I’d rather not get it wrong again.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

what new Cotic?

alexh
    Free Member

Bronson 1 resale value will drop circa that amount as the Bronson 2 is released.

Doesn’t bother me, I’m happy with the reach on the original. What’s more on an issue is getting a rear shock set up to make the most of it, pita.

sime46
    Free Member

How so Alex? What’s the prob with the shock set up? I was planning on maybe the stock Fox with the EVOL can?

squoglybob
    Free Member

I’d get a new one, rode one last week and it’s a real nice ride, felt a bit better on the climbs than a Nomad and descending I failed to tell the difference, not sure if the shock was set up quicker than I’m used to but jumped well very composed. It’s got the wider back end and I think the cranks are a tad wider? My hips are still a bit achy to day so I’m not sure WTF was going on there but I feel like I need a hip op, not sure Fork manufacturers have caught up with the wider fork braces to match cranks and rear swinger but I’d wait for those before dropping £6K on a bike. Unless you have some used ones to lob on them def get one bought.

I ve got a VW cally, bike fits in there a treat.

As for Yetis stunning bikes, but I’ve seen and heard a few crack, on that basis as they say, I’m out.
    There’s no doubt plenty of folk seen SC’s snap but until I do I’ll keep buying them.

Seen more Yetis snap in the past 6 months than I can count on 1 hand. Mostly on the rear swing arm brace:

jam-bo

what new Cotic?

Taking orders now for 2010 2020 delivery…

Edit: oops. Missed a decade somewhere.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^^^^ 😆

Quite ironic really, since they’re named after a paedophile…

😕

squoglybob
    Free Member

Man that’s some wait…..

squoglybob
    Free Member

A peado called Santa Cruz?

Your not thinking Of Santa Claus are you?

DanW
    Free Member

I don’t think you can expect any helpful comments for a few months. If it is anything like the last Bronson then it’ll be a few months of “OMG best bike eva” threads followed by a few months of “help, I think I’ve wasted my money” threads when the new bike glisten wears off.

The changes are 1 degree slacker HTA, shorter CS, longer TT, new rear axle spacing and BNG, right? If you like the older version then I’d be very tempted by the price difference and avoiding the Boost rear hub on the new frames. If you feel you’d like more TT length then just size up.

If it’s a dream bike, big budget build then I’d look for something a little more interesting than a SC but that’s just me.

Please don’t hate me just because I want a Santa Cruz. Well, not just for that.

I’ve never been so heckled as when I owned a SC ….. and that was a nice subtle black single pivot Superlight not one of these shouty, rip off Endurbro girls bikes 😆

fettlin

Just make sure you can get hold of the old model, as that may make your decision for you. The closeout stock will sell fast, SC’s ‘leak’ of information has boosted interest/sales in the old models.

I was in the same boat for a 5010cc, rang the lbs yesterday to check stock and there are no mk1 5010cc frames coming in 🙁 mk2 only.

On the plus side I now have a mk2 booked for a weekend demo next month!

tryert
    Free Member

Just one small point of detail on the new 5010 builds (and maybe also bronson but not sure) – it sounds like they will be shipping with the wider front forks (boost or whatever) within a couple of months. At the mo they only have the wider rear. Seems like an odd move from SC. Most people probably couldn’t give a toss but I figured that I’d hang to my cash until the update comes through. If a carbon scout shows up in the meantime I’ll have some thinking to do! (it won’t)

roverpig

Does the new Bronson have the steeper seat tube too? I tried the new 5010 (for a short demo) and thought the steeper seat tube would probably take a bit of getting used to. It means that it still feels just as cramped when sitting down as the old one (in my opinion) and you are pushed a long way forward. Standing up the longer TT should be better, but it’s only an inch and when I’m standing up I can shift my CoG by an inch without even noticing.

Good bikes though, as long as you like VPP.

takisawa2

The Mk2 comes with the full Troy Lee kit, inc teeth whitening.
    Bonus.

alexh
    Free Member

I found the Fox ctd either blowing travel or with spacers in the can to tune it, it became quite ‘wooden’.

I’ve tried the vorsprung air can, which has taken time to get that right too. Nice supple initial breakaway, supportive mid range and not hitting the end of the stroke.

Get a Nomad!

Happy to be no help at all…

sime46
    Free Member

It’s an idea. What’s better about the Nomad?

hellz85
    Free Member

I think you will have to wait a few months to get an owners review, I had a bronson on order since 1st September which the store changed to the bronson2 on the day they were revealed, they said they won’t have the bike until 1st week of October at the earliest.

sime46
    Free Member

I was told today that I’ve missed the first batch? Some bugger somewhere therefore must have one unless the first batch were all pressers?? Saw a 5010v2 today which is obviously very similar to look at. Was really nice. I want to see the mad pink one in the flesh before I commit my cash. I’m almost certain it’s gonna be a black one but I’ll be gutted if I go black but then prefer the pink. It looks like a waiting game. I’m terrible at waiting.

tomhoward

I’ll be gutted if I go black but then prefer the pink

*spits tea everywhere*

I’m sure theres a saying that deals with that…

hellz85
    Free Member

Sime46 where do you live? Santa Cruz have a demo days this weekend at afan and have the new bronson but only in size large, don’t know which colour but you could ring skyline cycles to ask. There is a demo somewhere in Surrey next weekend too.I rode a bronson at their demo at afan earlier this year, you don’t need to reserve and its free, you just give them some photo ID.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I would try and get a demo on a nomad. I sound like a stuck record but for me the (old) Bronson didnt need to exist. It was not as good at going up as a 5010 or as good at going down as a nomad. And it wasn’t good at pedalling either.
    I won’t keep repeating myself but try both if you are in the market for that type of bike. I ended up with the nomad if you hadn’t guessed and it’s the best bike I have ever ridden. No contest. Nothing even comes close.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

My 2014 Bronson pedals up and down just fine. I like the higher bottom bracket too than the 5010 and Nomad. After three weeks in Canada I didn’t feel under biked.

tomhoward

What Andy said. Decide how gnar you are, then pick a 5010 or Nomad based on which end of the spectrum you are nearer. If you fall dead in the middle, pick the 5010, as it feels like it has more like 140mm travel anyway.

zelak999
    Free Member

Test rode the 5010CC and the Bronson C at Afan today.
    5010 felt very nimble though had a fair few pedal strikes and one big down tube strike!
    Felt faster both up and down than the Bronson though.
    Bronson felt very sluggish in comparison.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Weren’t riding the Bronson on the right kinds of trails, so the 5010CC will be more suitable. It will be faster on Afans red routes, as they are tame.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I appreciate the extra ground clearance of the Bronson, I’d agree with Tom above. As lots have said, it’s what how you ride. Trail centres I’d go 5010 off piste, Bronson.

sime46
    Free Member

It’s between Bronson, Bronson 2 and a nomad. All in CC flavour. Out on a mates Nomad CC tmrw night. Got a deposit on a Bronson 1 CC frame. Great problem to have. Spoilt for choice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Bronson 2 yet???’ is closed to new replies.