Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a broken spd pedal?
  • meehaja
    Free Member

I've broken one side of my shimano 540 spd pedal. Despite being completely removable, the two shops I've asked insist it isn't avaliable as a spare… So, new pedals? I could, but I'm a snob and would have to buy nice expensive ones. I could get a cheap set off ebay and butcher them, but then I still have one and a half pedals spare, so, does anyone have a broken shimano spd pedal in the bottom of their box of stuff? i don't need axels or anything like that, just the cleat retaining mech. Its the left pedal that I have broken, but I don't think it makes any difference?

Obviously I can reimburse anyone that helps with either spare parts from my big box or ber tokens where appropriate…

nbt

can you post a pic showing the broken bit? I think I've a broken 545 pedal knocking around (540 with a cage) so I should be able to help if I can find it

meehaja
    Free Member

http://www.brianrourke.co.uk/shimano-m520-spd-pedal-pi-1473.html?osCsid=90a7f502349dfba1f9cab34419ed764d

I'm not able to post pics, but here's a nice one I found. I've broken the adjuster bit (+ -)at the point where then screw that tightens presses against the metal… If its got the right bit that'd be awesome!

meehaja
    Free Member

looking at pics of the 545 it looks like it might not have the piece I need. Thanks anyway!

redx

Shimano Pedal Info

If you can identify the part on the parts list, any madison dealer should be able to order you the part in……

I've done it before on shimano pedals….

Smee
    Free Member

That's a photo of a 520 you posted. I can tell that without even looking at the pic. Get some 540s off merlin.

meehaja
    Free Member

clues in the url? The part I'm after is the same on the 520 and the 540…

bigyinn
    Free Member

try http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk
    I got a whole new axle / bearing assembly from them for my M540s.

njee20
    Free Member

It's not available as a spare, so you can try any shop you want, but unless they've got a spare pedal they're not going to help! The axle assembly is, any shop can get that in.

If it's literally the bit with the tension adjuster on you've broken you'll really struggle to get the pedal back together, the spring tension will try and force it apart.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a broken spd pedal?’ is closed to new replies.