Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone gone from a Garmin 810 to a 520?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

My Edge 810 died and not wanting a huge TV screen on my bars I opted for the 520 over the 1000. I’ve just found out it’s not touchscreen and I’m finding navigating the menus annoying.

Will I get used to it? Anyone had the same experience?

bensales
    Free Member

Yes. Prefer the 520. Don’t appear to have lost any functionality I actually used (mapping probably) and gained not having a sodding touchscreen, and the ability to control my turbo trainer.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

What mount do you use?

bensales
    Free Member

Bit of a variety depending on the bike. Mtb and one road bike have the small rubber band mounts. The other two bike have out front mounts, although one is reversed and over the stem and the other actually out from. One is an SRAM One and the other came with the 520.

wilburt
    Free Member

520 is the best bike garmin.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’m finding the buttons hugely annoying. It takes ages to set everything up.
    And the start/stop button is impossible to get to with my barfly mount. Grrrr…if only the 1000 wasn’t so damn big!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s a shame they don’t let you configure it via a smartphone like the Wahoo does. The touch screen on the 810 can be a bit of a pain but I think it’s better for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone gone from a Garmin 810 to a 520?’ is closed to new replies.