Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone ever had gout?
  • gazman
    Free Member

as above really can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? cant get a doctors appointment till tomorrow.

samuri
    Free Member

Lad at work had it for a while. He reckoned it was agony. he had to change his lifestyle dramatically, no more drinking or fast food. I don't think it's something you can just get rid of, it takes time I think.

He would raise his feet during dinnertime though, and said pressing ice against the joints helped. They put him on steroids too.

Bregante

Cut out Tea/Coffee. Avoid Red meat and chicken. No fast food. Cut down alcohol intake. Eat lots of fresh pineapple.

gazman
    Free Member

thanks samuri, i had it about 13 years ago and it went quite easy tbh i stopped eating crap last new years and also stopped taking sugar blah blah blah but i think the excesses of christmas ave played havoc with my body lol.

carlphillips
    Free Member

are you sure its gout?
    its one of the most painful things according to my patients, which joint do you have it?
    its a crystal arthropathy caused by a few things relating to urea crystals building up in the joints, can be meds/diet etc etc
    Gp m,ay help further symptoms by prescribing alipurinol (sp?) but pain is generally acute and it should die down within a day or two.
    control of diet is important if it is gout…
    good luck..!!

gazman
    Free Member

Bregante, thanks mate.

gazman
    Free Member

fatmuthahubbard, tbh its started like a fever on sunday then i got pain next to my groin and behind my left knee, igot up yesterday and my left foot was and still is red raw, as i say i had it years ago so i sort of feel that its the same, today i can hardly walk its behind both knees and i feel ike ive been kicked in the kidneys

gazman

Bregante

I think Ibuprofen helps with the inflamation in the knees (don't recognise the kidney pain tho)

ononeorange

Had it a couple of times. Hurts insanely!

My GP didn't take my balloon-sized toe seriously, even while I was chewing his desk in pain, suggested the old classic of "rest" (amazingly, I didn't get "it's probably a virus going around"!!). I actually thought I'd broken it but couldn't for the life of me work out how. So I researched it on the net and changed my diet radically – as above, no tea / coffeee/ booze, cut out prawns and shellfish and red meat (diet does get a little dull), but what I think really helped was downing loads of water – when I started on that it went in about 24 hours. Could have been concidence, but when I feel the first twinges now, I hit the water big-time and it goes away.

gazman
    Free Member

ononeorange,thanks for that mate tbh my diet has been a bit dull for about a year but christmas has just blown it,

gazman

bigsi
    Free Member

I used to get it about 4-5 times a year and cut out various things in my diet and then reintroduced them over time to work out what was causing it. For me it was shellfish (not prawns, crab & lobster but mussells, scallops etc) and heart, kidney, liver. Anything that has high levels of purrins in it. Also stuff with yeast in it was bad for me. I now haven't had a flare up in almost 2 years and can still eat takeaways and drink beer 😀

Haven't got time to go into full details but if you want me to tell you more e-mail me, address is in profile 😉

gazman
    Free Member

bigsi, thanks mate i think mine just christmas excess thats done me in lol,

gazman

bigsi
    Free Member

Yeah xmas is a bad time for it. I remember i got it in both knees one boxing day a few years back and couldn't **** walk for 4 days. Its just about being sensible but if i eat a scallop now i can be sure my big toe will be sore the following day so i just avoid em now.

Hope it clears up for you soon 😛

gazman
    Free Member

bigsi, cheers matey all the best 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone ever had gout?’ is closed to new replies.