Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone ever experienced a Sonic Boom.
  • juiced
    Free Member

used to see concorde all the time as a kid but it must of been too slow around here for the ‘boom’

PJM1974
    Free Member

Saw four Lightnings fly over my school in formation circa 1983. Sonic boom? Didn’t need them, four Lightnings are proper LOUD.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Waits for clever comments about air pressure at sea level on that particular day….

African or European?

I dunno, European I suppose seeing as Leuchars is in Europe. Anyway this Mirage was going a bit quicker than you were crossing the river @ £3.20 a pop.

juiced
    Free Member

or probably too low. still sounded ace.

SonicBoomBoy
    Free Member

Kingkongsfinger

edit..sonic bumhole more like, I was riding down some steps quick and some ‘tard thought it would be good to go flying past dangerously just to stop at a gate 60 metres away, he thought that was a sonic boom.

Come back when you can dish these booms out on the flat or on climbs, your boom was not as loud as mine round Healy Nabb, couldn’t see you front light your where so far behind. Poor show in all last night from you SBB, must try harder. 😥

Oh dear that’s another Bite I miss, will have to re-bait mi hook now.
    Don’t cry Love just try to select the faster line, before I pass you :mrgreen:

Dibbs
    Free Member

We used to hear and see Concord as it flew over the Bristol Channel in the evenings, it was usually a sort of double bang. I grew up in North Devon and we would sometimes hear a sonic boom from the RAF training flights out near Lundy, they flew Hawker Hunter’s back then and they could just break the sound barrier in a shallow dive.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Just wasted 1/2 hour watching sonic boom and low pass videos on youtube 😆
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKIP5DcfKU[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwplA7_4lU[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever experienced a Sonic Boom.’ is closed to new replies.