Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone else's X Fusion Shock pump valve given up the ghost!?
  • singlesteed
    Free Member

Trying to use my shock pump for fourth time resulted in no resistance or air output into shock.

Spoke to the bike shop I purchased complete custom bike build from who turned round and wanted to charge me for a RS one at trade price.

I kindly turned them down as I don’t have any monies in my account atm & can more than likely use local bike shops one.

The dealer mentioned that X Fusion don’t ship them out separately so am stuck in a way.
    Pretty shoddy considering it was a fairly unused shock pump!

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and have tried contacting XF directly to ask for a replacement as they seem cheaply made, I’m wondering if I should go for one of those no air loss pumps instead now!?

singlesteed
    Free Member

Anyone!?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got a pic of the pump? would be surprised if it’s not just something rebadged.
    Never bothered with a no loss one, not actually bought one as mine have all lasted….

Scamper
    Free Member

Mine going strong still. However I managed to break 2 other shock pumps using each once to inflate a fox shock up to over 200psi.
    Mojo took pity on me and sent one out a fox one for free. Used it a second time and the deflate button won’t work 😳

ThePinkster

My X-fusion shock pump looks identical to both my RS pump and another ‘re-branded’ one (can’t remember the name) so I’d be surprised if yours was specific to X-Fusion.

BTW they all appeared to be working fine last time I used them.

Tracey

Ours looks the same as all the others we have. The only difference is the dial colour. They all work ok with no problems. We have an old fox one that gets used more than any other but is getting temperamental with attaching to some shocks.

singlesteed
    Free Member

It seems to be a cheap plastic, definitely x fusion branded that came with my velvets on a custom build.

Just wondering if its ok thing to contact x fusion co direct these days as first port of call is usually shop but they were pretty useless for warranty purposes.

benpinnick

Just email Upgrade, they will sort you out (probably!)

singlesteed
    Free Member

Oh thankyou ben, hadnt yet realised or found out who the disty was for X Fusion.

Will do!

singlesteed
    Free Member

Just phoned but their warranty chap is off till tomoz.

So we’ll see!

benpinnick

PS – also try adding some grease to the o-ring on the piston (and make sure its still on the piston!). Never had a new one fail on me but thats extended the life of old ones who stopped blowing.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Yeah I usually do put grease atleast on the thread so it fits easier.

benpinnick

.. but do you grease the o-ring? I had an X-Fusion stop blowing just this week. Little splodge of grease on the piston and voila. Working again.

EDIT: Oh and by the way dont grease the pump head or valve. That attracts dirt which can get inside the pump (causing it to stop working) or worse inside the fork/shock. Grit inside the shock will rub on the inside of the fork stanchion until eventually the shock or fork starts to leak air from the +ive chamber into the -ve. Once this happens your fork/shock will get stuck down and its an expensive repair. Always use a clean dry pump and check the valve & head for dirt before attaching.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's X Fusion Shock pump valve given up the ghost!?’ is closed to new replies.