Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone else watching The Prisioner ?
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Now i never saw the original but this appears to be shite. 😯

Quite disappointed really as i was looking forward to it 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Na, Collateral on Film4 – good pic 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

it's worse than shite, papers reconed the lead guy had all the acting ability and screen presence of a traffic cone, they were being generous

shoei
    Free Member

oh joy 😥
    Was hoping this might be worth a watch.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I was till I fell asleep 🙂

CountZero

Recording it. Always willing to give a new series a couple of episodes to get into it's stride. The original series wasn't exactly up there with Shakespeare, and plot was non-existent.
    Be seeing you.

rexated
    Free Member

good to see something that isn't just spoonfeeding though.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

what sfb said.

iain1775
    Free Member

bag of shite
    loved the original
    this is a decently scripted adaptation in places but it just doesnt come together, its too americanised and the acting is awful
    dont reckon i will bother with the rest of the series

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Was going to but got stuck into the pacific on sky three
    The original has been remastered on bluray, think I may get the box set when I get a hd tv

myheadsashed

i'm not a number………………………..

woffle
    Free Member

The lead guy couldn't act his way out of a paper-bag. We were sat giggling at how bad it was, turned if off after 20 minutes of sub-hollyoaks gurning and stage school level overacting.

Maybe it'll improve after a couple of episodes but we've got a couple of series of Mad Men to catch up on so don't think it'll get a revisit.

gusamc
    Free Member

suggest you try the original – well weird but it definitely worked for me )*mind you I suspect it may be lacking technical sophistication/stunts etc etc for todays audiences), one of the things I remember from childhood (saw it first time round) – went to Portmeirion because of it – and been back about 10 times, fab place, wander round the gardens, take in the weird architecture (Italianate village, Welsh estuary) or nip down coast to Barmouth and do possibly best family cycle in UK (wood bridge, huge estuary, mountains – all from a railway track)

nuke

Got bored and watched Wargames on Virgin1…hadn't see it for years, great film

footflaps

I downloaded them all and watched them when it aired in the States – quite enjoyed the series, Ian McKellen is superb and the ending is better than the original, which didn't really have an ending.

chewkw
    Free Member

Shite …

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else watching The Prisioner ?’ is closed to new replies.