Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone else wanting a MASSIVE Scalextric set right now?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I always want excessive sex now, or barring that a bike ride

swavis

Yip! 😀

the-muffin-man

My 7 year old girl is already getting one for Christmas! She doesn't do dolls!!!

hopster
    Free Member

Yes please. Had a 4 lane set when I was young and still miss it today.

snaps
    Free Member

I'm waiting for the train set episode – shot on the local Sustrans trail, good idea but the local pikies kept nicking parts of the track 👿

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/news/BBC-man-s-record-breaking-attempt-derailed/article-1282887-detail/article.html

SidewaysTim

I thought I'd got a lot of it, but 3 miles! That's awesome.

Building the track is at least 50% of the fun of Scalextric, the remaining 50% is divided into 40% fiddling with the cars and 10% driving them.

13thfloormonk

…and all it took was the stoned endevour of three single male students…

bunnerscj
    Free Member

how cool was that, a race around brooklans after 70 yrs ! Quality 🙄

JEngledow
    Free Member

I want that spiral up our stairs!

CountZero

That was bloody wonderful! I would have loved to be involved with that. Being able to play with the grown-up cars would have been fun, too.
    Not surprised the pikeys knicked the track, they keep stealing copper signal wire, this is probably the only opportunity they had to actually knick some track as well. Scumbags.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is there a picture of the Scalextric somewhere ? I can't see it.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I think James may has one of the best jobs in the world. Top gear, getting pissed round britain and now this. i could cope with the hair too for that job!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

oh, it's a Top Gear thing ? I though that was a children's program…

DaveJones2478
    Free Member

James May's Toy Stories, this was by far the best. Keep an eye on BBC iplayer as it will be up there soon no doubt.

He basically (with the help of a few people) built a 2.8 mile scalextric track round the old brooklands race track. I won't spoil it any more but it was a great bit of TV, and this from a man who hates TV…

2hottie
    Free Member

Just watched it on i player, I think the set i have in the loft maybe set up soon!

NZCol

when i first lived in NZ as a ski instructor my gf ( at the time) sent me and my housemate to christchurch to get replacement glass for the logburner door. Times were tough, we had no money so the $100 we had was for the door….

..somehow we came back armed only with a massive Scaletrix and i was made to sleep in the outhouse for 3 nights as punishment. When i sneaked in the gf and my mates gf were playing it the minxes.

Ambrose

Loved the prog. then followed by 'How long is a piece of string' geektastic telly tonight for sure!

DaveGr
    Free Member

Still have loads of it including 1960's and 70's cars 🙂

Keep meaning to have a night out here ….http://www.phoenixscalextriccircuit.com/

Drac

Well no need to watch next weeks now I know what happens. 🙄

Pook
    Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I loved Scalextric as a kid, for one Xmas all my relatives got together & bought second hand kits for me .. I went from no scalextric to over 100 bits of track & 10 cars on one (very happy) day.

After I was sent to bed I could hear the cars going round as my Dad, Grandfather & Uncle played … I had to get Mum to stop them.

Look here for commited slot car fans

grantway
    Free Member

NO But love one 😉

padrc66
    Free Member

anybody interested in buying my ninco digital/scx layout?

digital allows multiple cars on the same tracks – 2 lane change tracks to allow overtaking

comes with 3 controllers and 3 digital chips (expandable up to 8 ) and some cars (chips must be swapped between cars).

cost about £350 originally?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else wanting a MASSIVE Scalextric set right now?’ is closed to new replies.