• This topic has 35 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by devs.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Anyone else thinking tomorrow's ride isn't going to be worth it…
  • DT78
    Free Member

…its been raining for 3 straight days down here.

I'm getting grumpy 🙁

will_of_fortune
    Free Member

I don't usually mind riding in the wet as long as it isn't raining. It's when it rains whilst I'm riding I tend to not enjoy it very much.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Makes it more fun! Rise to the challenge and get out there 😉

teagirl
    Free Member

I thought that today so I didn't drive the 2 hrs to Dalby only to do a shortened loop as it was too wet and cold like some of the chap-esses did. Didn't see the attraction. Good on 'em tho'!

Northwind

Today's ride was good up until the point I destroyed one of my arse cheeks. So no, any riding tomorrow will not be worth it.

jedi

it's ALWAYS worth it!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

But it was dry for ages before that so while it will be wet on the Q's I don't think it will be soggy. And the forecast is for sunshine and 12 degrees.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

We went out in a very moody looking Malvern today – but it was totally worth it. I found that magical place whilst pedalling through the pouring rain when you realise you wouldn't want to be anywhere else at that particular time. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

MTFU! I'm riding tomorrow, can't wait.

fadda

I decided it wasn't worth it today, and I'm going tomorrow instead! 😀

Candodavid
    Free Member

No riding for me as Mrs C home from hospital so i'll be doing the nurse thing 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

forecast looks ok

If I could I'd be out there like a shot whatever the weather

br
    Free Member

Surrey Hills for us, it'll be fun!

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, deffo not worth it. I'm a riding to work. grrrreat.

JRTG
    Free Member

yep cwmcarn for me! driving 150 iles to get there so come rain or shine i'll be a ridin….. wouldn't be much of a mtber if i didn't ride in the rain and mud…

Kevevs
    Free Member

no rain or mud… that's about 30 days of biking per annum in North Walestershire? not enuff!

_tom_
    Free Member

I hate riding when its really muddy, I can handle a bit but when it clogs your wheels and slows you down it's just shite. I have to keep my bike inside on light-coloured carpets as well, so mud is a PITA for that.

Went out in the rain for a bit today but the jumps are riding far too slow as they're so soft from all the water. Gonna try again tomorrow.

wors

looking forward to tomorrow cos i'm a hard northern c*nt

philfive
    Free Member

i went out tp lee quarry this morning, very wet and very muddy but i loved it 😀 out in morning for an hour or 2 ….if its raining its raining.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rode laggan tentatively today in glorious sunshine . Tomorrow i shall be swimming and stetching…..rehabilitation for dodgy calf muscle 🙁

Black and old red at laggan are riding lovely now snows gone .

AlasdairMc

Tomorrow is going to be good I reckon – first decent length ride up the Pentlands for a while

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My best friend and riding buddy died four years ago. I've never once thought of a reason NOT to go riding, I try to create every chance I can to go riding, because I'm still here to enjoy it.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

dry in sunny scotland 8)

allyharp

I'm thinking the same now that I've just dicovered practically half the SouthWest trains network is down due to Engineering work.

That means no getting to Dorking and therefore no real mountain biking for me – I'll have to settle for a casual pootle along the Thames 🙁

snaps
    Free Member

Quantocks in the morning – nuff said 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

mcmoonter – thanks for the reminder – I'll be enjoying my ride into work, and my stupid job. Probably 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

It's dry at the moment here looking forward to heading over to do a couple of laps at the SXC race a Kirroughtree

saxabar
    Free Member

Sunshine here in S. Wales – off up to Cwmcarn in a mo'.

singletrackmind

full cloud cover but dry on the coast.
    Up to Andover with Meltus Maximus in a min. 35 Miles of a modded TVT route.
    @ _tom_ Get a massive rug or Persian carpet for your flat. Get some thick polythene to put underneath to protect your light coloured carpets.

fadda

Well, I'm glad I put Cwmcarn off til today – had a great ride!

nickc

sacked off the Mountain bike, went on the road instead. lush in the spring sunshine

bassspine
    Free Member

fadda – Member

Well, I'm glad I put Cwmcarn off til today – had a great ride!

me too!

knott4me
    Free Member

I ride whatever the weather when I'm 60 plus I'd of regretted not doing so.

jedi

todays ride was fookin amazing!!!! 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

tomorrows'll be better. Got a day off, Petrol in the car and the whole of North Wales to choose from. Yahoo!

devs
    Free Member

Bike got covered in dust off the trails today. Here's how it is round therse here parts at the mo. Not me, it's Betsie formerly of this parish but I don't think he posts here anymore.
    Local trails for local people

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else thinking tomorrow's ride isn't going to be worth it…’ is closed to new replies.