Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Anyone else struggling to clean their car?
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

Cars already cost enough, why waste any more time on them than is necessary? Doesn’t make it go any better. Besides, the dirt hides the rust.

Saw a filthy white van today, someone had written “yodel” in the dirt on it. Is that a common thing? Not seen it before, made us laugh. Especially as my car is actually a filthy white van these days…

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’d struggle with my current car, no way could I do the roof without a stepladder, it’s nearly as tall as me (not saying much, granted).
    Car wash is good enough

crispedwheel
    Free Member

yosemitepaul – Member
    Cars cost a fortune. Why not look after them.
    Mine gets washed and dried at least once or twice a week.
    It was a nice warm day today, on a clean car it took 30 minutes to wax it with Auto Glym.
    It will probably be washed again over the weekend, a clean car is easier to wash. Again if its nice and warm it may get another coat of wax.
    Doesn’t seem to take long considering the value.

Good trolling. It’s a nice warm day today. I went and rode a bike for two and a half hours. A much better use of my time than cleaning a utility vehicle that’s used for getting from A to B when it’s too far to walk or take a bike. I maintain the car just fine – it doesn’t need to be gleaming for that to happen.

wilburt
    Free Member

My neighbour washes and polishes his car every weekend, I make my kids look away as it’s obviously some kind of sexual act. His car obsession is possibly why his wife is shagging any normal person who’s willing and able.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I don’t wash, wax or polish my car or van. I guess i save 50hrs of my time each year due to this. Let’s randomly say my time’s worth £40/hr, that’s £2k a year. By not washing them i might lose, what, £200 at resale? Over a 3 year ownership life, so £66 a year saved per year by spending 2k…

brooess
    Free Member

Cars cost a fortune.

Well, they cost society and everyone else around you a fortune!

My car was cheap – it gives me all the utility value I need from it and I spent my money on stuff which adds value to my life instead like bikes and financial security.

Spending lots of money on a car suggests a lack of perspective IMO… besides, with so many cars in the UK now bought on finance, only 8 years from a debt crisis which we’re still in, spanking out for a new car is just making us poorer overall as we make the debt problem even worse

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I wash my car once per week, but it cost a lot of money. Some folk wash their cars and bikes, some don’t. Who cares. You ain’t me and I ain’t you… 😀

mark90
    Free Member

I am assuming the same peopl don’t iron their clothes, or ever decorate a house, or comb their hair. Or wear clothes that match.

Well…………. I sometimes decorate, sometimes wash the van, the rest not so much, if ever.

senorj

My MOT was end of January – it’ll get washed again same time next year.
    I have no hair to comb & only iron my missus and boys clothes.
    I’d have no time to come on here if I did. 🙂

doris5000

I am assuming the same peopl don’t iron their clothes, or ever decorate a house, or comb their hair. Or wear clothes that match.

pretty much spot on 😆

ironing is a mug’s game. wear chambray shirts and knitted ties, and you’ll never need to iron again 😀

ransos
    Free Member

Cars cost a fortune. Why not look after them.

Mine is serviced according to the manufacturer schedule. It doesn’t require any other “looking after”.

nickc

I pay a valeting company a tenner every couple of months to do both inside and out, they do a better job than me, and I don’t have to think about it. Every now and then he tells me to have a polish done to get rid of scratches and arranged it for me. I get a clean car, and keep his wee company going in exchange for beer tokens

Works for me

matt_outandabout

Our garage does a basic valet when we service/repair – yet this time they refused to do the interior, only wiped the glass…. 😕 😆 😐

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else struggling to clean their car?’ is closed to new replies.