Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone converted a 456 to 69er?
  • d4ddydo666
    Free Member

Has it been done? Any reasons not to do it? I’m guessing it’d want 120-130 forks. Currently using 150 Revs and have occasionally wondered if 140 would suit it/riding I do (Gisburn/Hebden) better.

Simon

Think Brant knocked one up and sent it to Dirt for a hardtail feature they were doing, was a few years ago and I can’t remember the details.

nimo
    Free Member

it was in the hardtail test at dirt with ( i think ) a Reba on the front. Dirt said it was the fastest hardtail in the test and they loved it from what i remember

CheesybeanZ

MrsbeanZ ran hers with 100mm and it wasn’t great on some climbs felt slow and couldn’t always keep the front down on techy steep stuff, it’s a 14″ frame so that may have been part of the problem .

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If you can look at one with more offset like the G2 Geometry, (pretty sure theirs is 51mm)

A 100-120mm fork with a 29er front wheel would be better.

sv

The Dirt one I saw was rigid forked, 440mm A2C will take a 29er wheel. Thinking this might be the way forward for my winter riding although I will be using the pipedream fork (450 a2c).

Cheezpleez

I was thinking about this, having previously turned my Inbred into a rigid 69er and liked it. However, I abandoned the idea after some back of a fag packet maths seemed to show that even with a 100mm fork it would be as tall or taller than with a 150 fork and a 26″ wheel. I like my 456 with a 130 fork.

Make sure you report back if you do try it.

djflexure

I’m just going down the same road with my Tranny. Got on one monocoque fork coming which is 450, just need a wheel now to be up and running.

trail_rat
    Free Member

now there is a plan.

i have 2 pairs of reasonable crap 150mm forks and a pair of rebas + 29er wheel lying around the garage.

my 456 needs a new fork and both the 150s dont do it justice.

mattjg
    Free Member

No but a riding buddy has put 650b on both ends of his C456 (rigid forks), it goes like a rocket and I think looks better, more proportional, than 26, on that frame. There’s masses of rear end clearance.

CheesybeanZ

Bernaard
    Free Member

I ran an inbred as a rigid 69er and couldn’t get on with it, but I run my Evil Sovereign as a rigid 69er and that feels great
    Weird

brant
    Free Member

I am LOVING my fat front on my lurcher. It’s a hoot. We are trying to get up to speed with forks and wheels to let us sell this as an option.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I did a couple of years ago and really liked it.

d4ddydo666
    Free Member

Brant – does that make it a 96er?! While you’re here do you fancy sneaking us some details on the 29er fullsussers you have up your sleeve?

Cheezybeanz – what travel have you got there? It’s a 16 frame innit? Same as mine. The front is slightly elevated too, isn’t it?? Felt like I was falling off my chair staring too hard at that! …ah, this be Mrs Beanz?

Might try it rigid next winter, could be fun.

CheesybeanZ

It’s a 14″ frame with100mm manitou’s with a set of riser bars , she couldn’t get on with flat bars which would of helped keep the front down on climbs .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone converted a 456 to 69er?’ is closed to new replies.