Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • anyone bought a 29er and hated it ?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

and still come across big name new 29ers that handle poorly -despite the usual “our engineers and designers took a fresh look at the geometry and have come up with the best 29er yet….” claim that everyone new to 29ers make.

does that include the Kona Big Unit you sold me? 😉

singlespeedstu

And is there any freestock of Yellis in XL?

Don’t know about the XL’s but the M’s are beast*

*or what ever phrase the yoot are using this week.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Have you got 120’s on yours Stu?Bit worried about high BB and slack SA with longer forks.
    That and having gears (only 7 tho) and boingy bits on the front for the first time in 5 years 😀
    I believe the nomenclature is ‘beastly’.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Yes- I bought a GF Rig and thought it was pretty rubbish- then I tried a swift and lynskey pro 29er and Im pretty convinced- just make me more confident because its more stable- so much so the Cotic Soul could be on its way out!

GaryLake
    Free Member

because I was quite anti-29er for a long time

Yeah, it’s quite embarrassing now after all the anti-29er fuss I made.

Alloy Tallboy was what really changed my mind, Superfly 100 was what converted/convinced me.

It wasn’t so much the first few rides, it was the riding a 26er and it feeling odd, and then getting back on the 29er after that and it feeling right.

I do stand by the fact that a bad 29er has so much more scope to be truly awful, but when they’re good, by god they’re good!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Haha brian! I posted a smiley face after my comment but ive only just noticed that it never came up.I moved too fast and it never posted. I think it was this one ” 😀 “

Thats weird.. i showed steve a pic of that reynolds? belt driven moulton earlier (in bicycle buyer) and said “heres a bike brian would like”

Looking forward to getting the spearfish together once i can afford it.. hopefully its not going to be a bike i`ll end up hating.

Oh and theres a 29er cube carbon hardtail just arrived/built up. One of three in the country until the new year.Unreal value,steering feels spot on and its a rocketship.Probably partly due to one of the biggest,widest bottom brackets ive ever seen on a hardtail.

singlespeedstu

Have you got 120’s on yours Stu?

Yep.

It’s got a reba 120 on ATM but that’s going to be replaced with a 140 fork soon.
    Though i’ve not decided which 140 fork yet.

You won’t regret getting one. The only thing i like betterer is my Ti shopping trolley bike. 😉

Any excuse to post a picture will do for me. 🙂

2011_0902cyb0042 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

YS are quite asthetically pleasing in medium, my XL (when customs finally release it)is going to be a munter but I’m sure the ride will make up for it 😮

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘anyone bought a 29er and hated it ?’ is closed to new replies.