Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone been to Bled, Slovenia? Things to do in March
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’m going to Bled for 3 days in March and will likely have 4 hours free each afternoon.

Has anyone been and can you recommend any outdoor things to do?

I don’t ski if that helps.

Thanks

aa
    Free Member

There’s walking.
    A lake you can have a boat ride on.
    Plenty of coffee shops, and gift shops.
    A castle.

But mainly walking.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Walking up big hills or round a flat lake?

muddyground
    Free Member

Photography – it’s a stunning place. Walk around the lake is good. Trip to Austria by mad coach driver is also memorable. The nightclubs may well be open as well, but don’t expect many punters.

yodagoat
    Free Member

get pished by the lake at the campsite end.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Take your hydro brakes with you?

surlynot
    Free Member

Go to the Castle and have an ice-cream…..

…or head out North of Bled for the Vintgar Gorge

..or just overdose on Zlatarog and pizza
    8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bus to ski resort

muzzle
    Free Member

We did canyoning, rafting etc a few years ago with a company called 3glav, whom I would definitely recommend. That was the summer though, no idea if they operate at the time of year you’ll be there.

lank45
    Free Member

When we were there we white water rafted also, there are quite a few companies about to do it with too.

Take a boat to the island on the lake too, don’t swim like we did, it’s a bloody long way!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

There are some caves there too according to my Serbo/Croatian wife. She used to go there as a child.

While you’re in Slovenia look out for places selling lawnmowers. I saw a ridiculous number of people selling lawnmowers. I know Slovenia is covered in lush green grass, but really no one needs that many lawnmowers!

svalgis
    Free Member

I know Slovenia is covered in lush green grass, but really no one needs that many lawnmowers!

I don’t think they’re all meant for the same person.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Bled, Slovenia? Things to do in March’ is closed to new replies.