Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone been out shooting today?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Before I start a thread about how did you get on.. just guaging numbers in case it gets all defensive in here..

scaredypants

was a bit cross at all the hold-ups on the road but managed to control myself.

br
    Free Member

Don’t panic, more of us.

Last night I took my son rimfire shooting. He’s only been going 3 months and managed 90, 91, 90 and 93 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

Last night I took my son rimfire shooting. He’s only been going 3 months and managed 90, 91, 90 and 93

Good scores… I’ve got a Bisley team that struggle with those sort of scores!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

was a bit cross at all the hold-ups on the road but managed to control myself.

Yeah, good for you, armed robbery carries a much heavier sentence

willard

Nope. Doing all that next weekend and maybe the week after.

Markie
    Free Member

It’s all the go around here… tractor after tractor towing canvas sided trailers full o folk with guns!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Took my new Browning out today for the second time, having lengthened the stock 10mm, shot really well for me was on 5 for 5 until it all got a bit hectic on the second drive. Ended up shooting 70 head with 9 guns, 12 of which were mine. Very chuffed.

Markie
    Free Member

And the husband of a German mom I know went back to Germany a few weekends ago and his group shot 112 boar 😯

I hadn’t known they were so common. Maybe they’re not anymore…

konabunny
    Free Member

112? Jesus. Do they haul them back and butcher them or just leave them dead?

Is there any hunting in national parks in the UK or Germany? How does it work out with hunters and other punters potentially in the same space? It’s a bit of a controversy here in nsw at the moment. I’m more relaxed about iit – they seem to be able to make it work in the US.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They shoot grouse in the peak ntl park, so yes.

The grouse butts are usually off the beaten track, so youd have to be in the middle of nowhere to get in the way. I believe they display some sort of flag when shooting is taking part.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve been working my way down the list takes much longer making them look like accidents, anyway got some spots in Feb/March now, cash in a bag usual place………

Markie
    Free Member

112? Jesus. Do they haul them back and butcher them or just leave them dead?

I know. To the best of my knowledge, all taken home and butchered by shooters / relations / friends. For example, her mom took one, her mom in law took three, she would have had one or two except they coming back to UK, etc.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m meant to be beating tomorrow, but I had a call from the keeper earlier and all but 4 of the syndicate guns have cried off so provided i can get there I’ll get an extra days shooting instead (beaters day is next week too) 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ditto the above bar the cried off bit and the getting to shoot bit..

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m beating tomorrow (if we can get up to Ruthin) – may be chilly.
    One gun has offered me his place again (Ive shot for him for the last two Saturdays) but I may just give the dog a big workout instead.

Scapegoat

No, we shoot every other Saturday in season, so next week. My lad normally beats, but I let him take my gun a couple of shoots back. He shot a Woodcock on his first drive , first ever gamebird, then a partridge on the next. I teased him a bit, saying he wouldn’t hit the easy lumbering pheasants, and he didn’t connect with one all day. Should have kept my mouth shut!

JEngledow
    Free Member

He shot a Woodcock on his first drive , first ever gamebird

Cocky little…… 🙂 (but seriously, well done him)

trambler

Had my stalking gear on yesterday in the bedroom, bagged myself a rat…. No not what you’re thinking. It was on the bird table outside, helping himself to mince pies the cheeky little fooker.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been out shooting today?’ is closed to new replies.