Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • anybody use a orange San Francisco phone
  • mollski
    Free Member

anybody use the above phone,bbc focus magazine gave it 10/10,any body got 1?

superfli
    Free Member

Bought one for the missus. Setup it up by following the guides 1-5:
    http://www.orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/

Its a very good phone for the money. Although the camera isnt all that and the wifi reception seems week.

Kunstler

My son has one and very impressed with it. There was a thread on here about this phone a few weeks ago.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I have one.

For £100 its great. But get it unlocked (easy to do). Orange are thieving tosspots.

Good screen. Good touchpad. Good memory, reasonably recent android 2.1, ok battery life for a smart phone, and its fast enough for a duffer like me. Want faster, well find another £300 for an HTC! Camera is not brill, and no flash. All in all, the only critisms really for the money are the orange branded stuff, that makes it worth rooting the phone just to get rid.

MikeG

Yep, brilliant phone for the money.

Get it unlocked and flash to Android 2.2, there are some good guides on android.modaco.com if you don’t feel up to flashing it (it really is easy though) at least follow one of the debranding guides and get rid of the horrid orange stuff.

Had mine for a couple of months now and it does everything I need, the latest custom roms have gone a long way to resolve the issues with wifi (it drops connection when the screen goes off then doesn’t automatically reconnect) battery life seems to be getting a bit better now it’s had a few charge cycles (but that could just be me playing less on it) camera is pants, no flash and the shutter lag is awful. Takes ok pics of scenery in good light.
    Mine has started collecting dust behind the screen in the last week as well.

higgo
    Free Member

I’ve got one and liked it so much I bought the wife one.

Both are unlocked, unbranded and on 2.2

mollski
    Free Member

Are they easy to unlock?

Cougar

Yes.

Mate of mine bought one for his missus, went “ooh,” bought one for himself.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup bought one, great value, and better than I expected once you de-orange it.
    Person who decided to call a phone ‘San Francisco’ needs to be shot though!

mollski
    Free Member

are they easy to unlock

Cougar

Person who decided to call a phone ‘San Francisco’ needs to be shot though!

Outside of Orange it’s the “ZTE Blade” if that’s any help to you?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Blade sounds far better. I’m going to start selling name upgrade stickers.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m posting from mine now. Its my first foray into smart phones. Its been described as two thirds of a nexus, for a third of the cost. It does loads of useful stuff and is rather better now I’ve flashed it with a custom rom and froyo 2.2 The stock setup for Orange is truly awful. My only complaint is that it can be a little slow, but I knew that when I bought it.

mollski
    Free Member

ok i will get 1

superfli
    Free Member

Very easy to unlock, root, debrand and replace ROM Follow the guide in post 2. I tried other guides and they were confusing. The guide above is very straight forward.

mollski
    Free Member

thank you guys

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘anybody use a orange San Francisco phone’ is closed to new replies.