Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anybody selling their house at the moment?
  • mtbmaff
    Free Member

How is it going for you?

Are you finding the market as bad as they say?

I've just put mine on, we've been holding off waiting for an upturn and decided to bite the bullet and see.

Matt.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

The estate agent I know says the biggest problem is the shortage of houses. If no-one can find a house to buy they don't try and sell theirs. This means the majority of houses for sale end up a desperate sellers and so the market prices go down.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Its strange, we were sure we would struggle to get people in but we've had 20 viewings since wednesday and

got 2 offers on the table very close to asking price. I'm a little shell shocked but very happy!

Bregante

we've been holding off waiting for an upturn and decided to bite the bullet and see.

best way IMO. we did that in March and decided to go towards the upper end of the valuations without taking the pee. Got an offer at full asking price in 9 days and fell lucky with a house we never thought we could afford by making a cheeky offer after the vendors agreed sale fell through. Moved in June and am now actually paying slightly less each month for a bigger house – with a man cave!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Yep 2 bed purpose built apartment in Swindon 136k it's nice any takers? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

i know someone….he needss to hurry up and sell and open the bike garage for business! 😉

mtbmaff
    Free Member

No underfloor heating in garage anymore, had to make some cuts!

rOcKeTdOg

oh no!, just means more sloe gin in the winter then i guess. WIN!

jam-bo

House two doors down from me just sold for asking price in three days.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Parents sold the family house recently (Edinburgh)- they were lucky and got a very quick sale, and for well above the valuation, but found it difficult to find any suitable properties to buy. Months later and many of the properties they looked at are still on the market, many now for much lower fixed prices..

jonb
    Free Member

From a buyers point of view if you price well you will get people in and you will get offers. If you have unrealistic expectations then you won't have any luck.

Out of 4 houses we put offers in on. We bought one for around 5% below asking. We put in an offer of 20% below asking on one, they rejected. It's still on the market but at the price we offered over a year ago. Another one, we offered 5% below the asking and they said they would wait to see if they go any better offers – we withdrew ours and it disappeared off the market. The other one went to sealed bids. We put in 10% above the asking, I found out last week the winning offer was 20% above asking.

WE struggled to find nice houses at sensible prices, and when we did there were often lots of offers on the table.

mrmo
    Free Member

house i am renting has been on market for 2 monhs now, 6-7 viewings one buyer seemed interested but pulled out. house a few doors down has sold after 10months on the market. These are two bed edwardian terraces and i fail to understand how you can justify the prices. 160k.

br
    Free Member

We'd like to move, but can't – we have a tracker mortgage at 0.35% over base. Its non-transferrable, but life-time – consequently we ain't moving.

Mikey65
    Free Member

put our house on the market on a Thursday, viewed on the Saturday and sale agreed there and then for a buy to let…completed today after only 4 weeks…..we are now renting it back for a month while our purchase completes in August…..House sold for a little less than desired but worth it to get it sold…..anything priced right will sell

phil.w
    Free Member

Moved out yesterday 🙂

It was on the market for 6 – 8 weeks before an offer was made. And it's gone up in value 9% in the 18 months I had it. Which suggests the housing market aint as bad as the media would have you believe.

stupot
    Free Member

umm, maybe my place is overpriced?! Its been on the Market for a few months no interest.

But seems the same for most people in my area. Nothing seems to be going, same houses on Market.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anybody selling their house at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.