Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anybody ride Stake Lane in Mytholmroyd?…
  • nigew
    Free Member

..Well dont bother now as its been cleaned up and smoothed out!! 😥

Here on a map

It was one of the most technical, legal descents around here and now its ruined! I could probably drive my vectra up and down it now

oopnorth
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! I was looking forward to riding that in the next few weeks!! 😥

mintimperial

Nooo! Never actually got the chance to ride that, had to turn back at the top last summer due to running out of time. Damnit. 😥

paultheweatherman
    Free Member

The downhill to my front door has gone!

(insert obligatory unhappy face…)

🙁

nigew
    Free Member

Mintimperial- Give it a few years and hopefully the rainwater will have it back to how it was 😉

woody2000

Plenty of it going on at the moment, Calderdale/Kirklees councils must have some spare cash. 🙁

mintimperial

Give it a few years and hopefully the rainwater will have it back to how it was

Bah. You’re right, but that’s part of why it’s so stupid. It’s not just the loss of decent bits of riding that gets to me, it’s the stupid waste of money. It’s disgusting that councils are spending our money on smoothing out flipping bridleways when the current government is effectively asset stripping the country because we’re short of money. Grrr.

Calderdale/Kirklees councils must have some spare cash.

They should spend it fixing the damn roads, they’re rougher than some of the bridleways round here.

nigew
    Free Member

Just had this sent

By nwal234 at 2012-02-23

billysugger
    Free Member

Rode it a few weeks ago as it was nearly finished. If it’s the same run that brings you out at the bottom of Cragg Road. Thought I’d found a real gem then it turned into what looked like someone’s drive after about 400 yards. Spoil everything don’t they.

That picture is spot on.

mintimperial

@nigew Hahahaha! Excellent…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Wouldn’t worry too much – if its anything like Wireworks down my end of the valley which the council keep on resurfacing then it’ll be back to ‘normal’ in no time. Throwing a load of sand/gravel stuff on a steep bridleway at this time of year is madness – it’ll be a rutted, rocky blast again in no time.

Shame though – I had it in my mind I might have ridden that on Saturday…

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Nige are you sure you haven’t paid for it flattening so that it’s well within your riding limits now you’ve lost your Mojo?

woody2000

DBW – some resurfacing going over Hopton Woods way at the moment, hope they don’t mess that up too much 🙁

Guess they can’t muck up the little descent to the mahoosive bombhole too much 😉

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Paul the weatherman, 😆 I’m sure it won’t affect you that much you’ll probably just ride through some more peoples gardens and across their beautifully manicured lawns! 😆

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You’ve ridden that footpath on the edge of Heptonstall Moor as well then 😉

nigew
    Free Member

DBW- You mean where that really angry guy lives? 8)
    YP- Ill still probably manage to fall off on the smooth bit 😳

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Angry guy? I imagine he’d be pretty angry if he caught me barelling down that nice little descent that pops out in his garden before dropping down his steps and belting down his driveway. Have I ever hung around to find out? No*

* only ever ridden it twice and decided that it pushes cheeky beyond the limit of what I deem acceptable. I my limit is waaaaaaaay beyond a lot of peoples where cheeky riding is involved 😈

nigew
    Free Member

I have no idea what you mean 😉

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Ha ha angry mans garden is a permissive bridalway, weatherman just rides through peoples gardens! 😆

paultheweatherman
    Free Member

what? does angry man only allow brides through now?

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Ha Ha can you tell i’ve got a wedding on my mind! 😳

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ride Stake Lane in Mytholmroyd?…’ is closed to new replies.