Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anybody know stoke on trent area
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of info, as I got a interview tomorrow for a place in millennium way, high carr business park near newcastle under lyme. I am getting the train from Bristol to Stoke on Trent, then be looking to get from the station to hanley bus station then the 34 bus to chesterton.

chainslapp
    Free Member

What do you need to know?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

how far from the train station to bus station and how is the millennium way – high carr business park from chesterton bus stop

Does Google Maps not tell you?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s about a 25 min walk maybe more. There’s a taxi rank outside the station. Given the likelihood of icey pavments and you wearing a suit (wanting to stay clean) I would get a taxi. & Good luck.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

how much would taxi a sort of, be from longport to millennium way

iDave
    Free Member

I’d take the taxi to and from interview. I’d offer a lift but I’m busy.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

thanks anyway. sorted it – i can get a taxi from longport to the interview and back

King-ocelot
    Free Member

A taxi from the train station to bus depot was just under £5. I cocky kid driving the cab didn’t use his hand brake, we were rolling back on a hill, I asked him why he didn’t use the handbrake to which he explained “it’s broke innit, and me brake pads are shot too”. I walked back to the station & it took about 25 mins but there could have been shortcuts I missed.

Hadge
    Free Member

Si – I live in Chesterton! From Longport Station which I take it you’ll be going from it’s only a short trip but I would get a taxi to save the hassle. Good luck too.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

how far is stoke on trent centre from the station. i prob get a taxi from stoke station to high carr park which is around £10 one way

iDave
    Free Member

stoke on trent centre

that’s an interesting concept. think of it as a sprawl of poxy grim towns with a shopping area called hanley. city centre though….. nah forget that. if you work in chesterton, consider newcastle as where you go for shelter/supplies and avoid any other built up areas.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anybody know stoke on trent area’ is closed to new replies.