Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anybody booked their Alps 2014 flights yet?
  • Grupper205
    Free Member

My mates and I have booked to go to the White Room in July 2014. It’s our first trip to the Alps, and we are wondering if others have booked their flights yet?

We were planning on going with Easyjet, but they’ve not published their B’ham to Geneva schedule yet, and we are starting to think they may stop this route after the ski season

A couple of mates are taking their bikes so we are looking for cheap direct flights from Brum, anyone found any bargains as the only cheap flights we can currently find is via Amsterdam………I quite like the idea of a cheeky diversion to Schipol ;o)

ChrisE
    Free Member

have you checked skyscanner?

c

Anna-B
    Free Member

I booked Easyjet Gatwick – Geneva (white room!) 9 months in advance (Jan for a Sept hol) It’s about 9 months away for you now, so maybe give them a bit more time? or get in touch with them and ask.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Booked flight for 6 to Nice in may,nice price as well, 200 bucks each from Edinburgh including luggage and bikes 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Far too much trouble flying, especially with bikes. Had no choice for the Oz trip but will driving to the Alps, did it last year on the ferry for the 24hr at Finale Ligure in Italy and then the Transvesubienne in the French Alps, much easier.
    Just waiting for the Megavelanche entries to open now

andrewh
    Free Member

Doubledunter, £200 each just for flights?! 3 weeks in Italy/France cost me £500 all in last year, could have done it with one more person just for the cost of the extra food too as I had a spare bed in the van.

wallop

Bristol to Geneva 12-19 July is £188 return.

I’ll be driving though 8)

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ll be driving, too. Haven’t booked the ferry yet. Maybe in 9 months

tonyg2003

Yep booked Heathrow-Geneva then a week later Nice-Heathrow. Road biking Raid Alpine 🙂

Grupper205
    Free Member

Contemplated driving, but flying suited us all better. We’ll see if December brings out the bargain flights we are looking for……..

wallop

How are you getting from Geneva to St Foy?

Neil-S
    Free Member

The White Room will pick them up, surely?

You’ll have a blast with Stevo and Iona. Top, top people and trails.

Northwind

Yeah, transfers included with White Room. Done 2 years on the trot with them and absolutely bloomin superb. Tempted to try something else next year but mostly for variety, I’m unconvinced anywhere else will be better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Brum might be lucky. Manchester or Liverpool are good and Luton isn’t that far away. Flying with a bike gets easier with practice – on my 5th one this year today. Just. Make sure the bike is right before you leave. Also try the others ba etc in advance can be a good price and nicer.

Onzadog
    Free Member

In all the years I’ve gone to the alps mountain biking, it’s always been Manchester or Luton for us, we live in Nottingham. Don’t ever remember Birmingham being an option.

br
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of a cheeky diversion to Schipol

IMO last thing you want to be doing with excess luggage is a stopover/transfer

mikewsmith
    Free Member

b r – Member
    I quite like the idea of a cheeky diversion to Schipol

IMO last thing you want to be doing with excess luggage is a stopover/transfer

Now onto my 3rd leg with the bike including a stopover in Sydney last night to catch up with the missus, not that bad but I wouldn’t do it with easyjet….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anybody booked their Alps 2014 flights yet?’ is closed to new replies.