Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • any trek x-caliber owners out there?
  • andcarson
    Free Member

Hi I’m very close to buying one and would be grateful to heart the views of any who own one?
    Cheers Andy

belugabob
    Free Member

I test rode the Paragon, which was one model up, and loved it.
    However, it came with SRAM shifters, which my other bikes don’t, so I didn’t buy it.
    What I did do, though, was to buy the bottom of the range Marlin, which uses the same frame, then upgraded the drivetrain and forks to my liking.
    Had it for 2 year’s now, and I’m still grinning when I come back from rides.

In my club, there are 2 other Marlins (SS), a Wahoo, and a couple of cobias, so there’s a lot of grinning going on.

Just getting ready to go out on it now – can feel the grin staring to form….

andcarson
    Free Member

Thanks for your comments – all sounds very positive!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Mate has one nice bike but as said above took the Sram stuff of it and the avid brakes.

belugabob
    Free Member

Just back from a 34 mile round trip to the pub – that’s how much I love my bike.

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd one!

Got a 2nd hand GF Xcal for over there when Mrs Doubleu was working in Pittsburgh and I was visiting a fair bit.

It got stolen from shed after bringing it home so insurance paid for a new one (last of the GFs). It split along the weld where seat tube meets top of top tube. So now riding a new warranty replacement Trek X-cal frame with all the old stuff on it.

I love it. Use it mostly for longer rougher sustrans trips and such like. Recently took it out at a trail centre when my 5in full suss was out of action. It was awesome.

andcarson
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. Andy

khani
    Free Member

I’m on my second one, had a GF Xcal that I sold and them missed terribly, so built up another that’s not going anywhere,
    This is the second one built from frame only..

Great bikes IMO…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The 2013 X-Caliber that retails at £1100 is a great value , well specced bike but be aware the Trek 2014 range is now in stock and all low end 29ers from £425 up to £800 are labelled X-Caliber .

andcarson
    Free Member

Khani: that is a lovely bike.
    Ramsey Neil: thanks for the heads-up. The one I am about to buy is a 2013 fortunately

Well it looks very likely I will buy one in light of the positive vibes
    Cheers Andy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘any trek x-caliber owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.