• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Any Surveyors? Mine Entrance Issue
  • v10
    Free Member

Just had official mortgage offer and solicitors searches information come through this morning and it turns out that the house im in the process of buying has a old mine entrance about 20m in front in the middle of the road. Was pressure grouted in 2003 and house was built in 2004. Should have an interpretive report back tomorrow (paid for by sellers solicitors).

Obviously pretty likely to walk away but it is a repossession so the bank will be very keen to get there money… if the interpretive report is pretty favorable and if the mortgage offer still stands on the house, (Its certainly not the only property to be effected by it, there are at least 4 other houses within 20m of it all of which have been built in 2004 which obviously have mortgages and insurance). Do you reckon its worth withdrawing and dropping a much lower offer on the house, its already a LOT of house for the money and if i can get 15-20% off my accepted price i can pay the mortgage off inside 5 years and then just keep it and rent it out minimizing any resale issues?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Any Surveyors? Mine Entrance Issue’ is closed to new replies.