Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Any snowdrops been spotted on your ride?
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

Fifield Bavant with its stone slab bridge

You can see my old cottage in that photo dave extremist! You did a fair old distance from Martin Down to the race course, today I went North of Salisbury, but very often on the Drove Road. Do you guys ride round here often? Always on the look out for new bike buddies.

mogrim

Not seen any snowdrops – never seen them here – but did have to clean the first bug off my (motorbike helmet) visor, spring’s definitely on the way!

matt_outandabout

AMAZINGLY, we have snowdrops here (Loch Tay)..

You can see my old cottage in that photo dave extremist! You did a fair old distance from Martin Down to the race course, today I went North of Salisbury, but very often on the Drove Road. Do you guys ride round here often? Always on the look out for new bike buddies.

(and gals Anna 🙂 )

I know just about every BW (and the odd cheeky bit of course) in that area. I ride there after work mainly in summer but today was the first time I took the Dorset Rough Riders out there and it went down well apart from the newly cut thorny stuff on Old Shaftesbury Drove.

I’ll be doing more rides out there including Grovely Wood later. Check out our website DRR
    and come along next time. Maybe you could show us one of the ‘Handsel sisters’ trees so we can leave a gift as you’re supposed to do apparently.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I say guys meaning both genders….. noticed there was a female in the group and wasn’t being sexist! Was in Grovelly Wood today – better in Summer as they log in the Winter and it’s muddy and churned up. Me and a friend found a tree once there with lots of things under it….. I have never heard of the Handsel Sisters though, about to google that!

I rode with the DRR before Christmas over Purbeck, will keep an eye on the website for other rides round here.

Edit, b*gger, just googled Hansel sisters, I go cycling in there on my own 🙁

And to return to the subject, I saw loads of snowdrops today in the Woodford Valley – a whole carpet of them in one wood actually!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

yes (in west cornwall), i noticed a little patch by the path as i went to let the chickens out the other day.

cinnamon_girl

daveatextremist – thank you very much for posting those pics and how nice does it look! Yes, Ackling Dyke is indeed on the agenda but a dry day in Spring is called for. Could I just ask where the Punchbowl is please? Will also check out your link. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Hundreds and hundreds of them along a grass verge on one the back lanes up to Haytor today..

No photo though… my camera phone has finally given up the ghost

RichPenny
    Free Member

Maybe you could show us one of the ‘Handsel sisters’ trees so we can leave a gift as you’re supposed to do apparently.

I know where they are, but didn’t know the story until now. I live in Wilton so ride a bit in Grovely. One has fallen down, perhaps the spirit is loose! When on hard times once, I may have “borrowed” one of the offerings from there to buy some food. Always meant to put it back, and now I can’t remember if I did or not!

I don’t know what type of gift is involved, I was thinking of an old chainring (no one would realise it was knackered) 😆

Cinnamon Girl Punch bowl

Great DH to Barford, today we had to grind back up the hill though.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Dave. 🙂

I did Google those sisters and it has really freaked me out! That’s it, I’m not going there again. Anna – we did go through there a couple of years ago didn’t we?

That was some spooky write-up I read. What could be more scary than night-walking, well apart from night-riding?! The odd thing is I quite fancy giving it a go. Anyone want to join me? 😯

Actually I’ve ridden through Great Ridge a couple of times and that was a bit creepy!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My mum’s seen some in a couple of parks here.

I might go and nick some for her actually…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Blue bells are starting to grow down here.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Anna – we did go through there a couple of years ago didn’t we?

We did – there’s definitely an atmosphere there! I’ve tried to de-sensitise myself by getting off my bike in there and sitting down for a while. I used to just cycle through as fast as I could when on my own…

It’s good for (accompanied) night rides though, and would be up for a night walk, to find the trees!

swamp_boy

Snowdrops and celandines out round here in Herts. Catkins starting to show and a blackbird was sounding off in fine voice as the light was going today. Rode through a cloud of midges too, it must be warming up.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Yeaaaaa!! I saw some on the way to Swinley on Saturday and squealed at them so Phil would look and he told me to shhh and keep riding 😛

SPRING!! I planted my Edelweiss this weekend too YAY nearly summer 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The snowdrops are just peeking out at Moonter Towers, these were from March 1 last year

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’ve got a little patch in my back garden despite being semi-oop norf

andyl
    Free Member

Snowdrops and daffodils out in Somerset.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the contributions. 🙂

Do keep ’em coming.

kimbers

brompton cemetary this morning

Trekster

Out on a road pootle to visit parents and spotted some near here;
    Glencaple

River Nith/Solway estuary in the background

nickf
    Free Member

First snowdrops in Hertfordshire. And my rhubarb is showing signs of life too (if the chickens will just leave it alone long enough for it to grow, that is).

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Any snowdrops been spotted on your ride?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM