Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • any opinions on Bonty XR3 29"
  • rOcKeTdOg

are they as an all rounder tyre as claimed?

hugor
    Free Member

Looks like a fairly abrupt transition from the centre knobs to the peripheral ones. Interested in replies.
    I’ve been using Bonty 29-4 front and FR3 rear all year and been very happy.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There are 2 types of 29er 3 tyres , the bigger volume , 2.3 I think which is designed as a front is a brilliant all rounder front or rear .The one with chevron tread pattern 2.1 which is designed as a rear is pretty rubbish IME .

rickon
    Free Member

MaD and AndrewJ both use the 2.3 up front and love it, fast rolling, massive volume – very comfy for short travel or rigid.

As far as I remember it turned MaD from hating the Zig Zag descent at Y Wall to riding it at bonkers pace.

drain

Assuming it’s these ones you mean

not these 29-3 ones (which I think Ramsey Neil is thinking about?)

I’ve got them and really like them. Ran one as a rear on the SDW (Geax Gato up front) when it was too gloopy for anything other than a Mud-X, it struggled but just about coped, and cleared very well. Now running them as a pair and on anything other than gloop they work very well – fast and light, lots of traction (running them tubeless at about 30psi rear/26 front).

They go up very easily as tubeless, which seems to apply to all the Bonty TLR tyres I’ve used. Cheap compared to the likes of Schwalbe too.

rOcKeTdOg

yep i do mean the more heavily treaded one

tazzymtb

didn’t like the XR3’s personally, not that light and a bit flakey and prone to sudden breakaways in loose or sloppy stuff. funnily enough the 29-3 front and rear combo worked really well in summer conditions, but again heavy as chuff.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You are quite right Drain , they were the ones I was thinking of . Is the other one you have pictured a 29er tyre ? It looks more like the 26″

drain

Yeah, that’s the 29er XR3. A lot of google searches for some reason seem to point people at the 29-3, which is the different F/R pic.

I reckon 545g for a 29″ tyre is pretty light. Yes, my Schwalbe Ralphs come in a bit lighter, but significantly pricier!

DaveE

If you are after a budget all round tyre try these.
    http://www.nextdaytyres.com/tyres/Schwalbe/Rapid-Rob-29.aspx

Keef
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple(had ’em off Taz,strangely enough) fast,not too grippy in mud,shed well tho,nice if you know what you’re doing,which is probably why Taz let them go cheap 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘any opinions on Bonty XR3 29"’ is closed to new replies.