Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any one used Alpkit Jeanius Jeans?
  • steelfan
    Free Member

Thinking of getting some to use on the bike. I know they're not fully waterproof but get too hot in waterproof trousers which I sometimes wear all day when outside cycle training. Has anyone tried them out and what are your experiences?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Very comfortable for sitting on the sofa with the laptop.

flatfish
    Free Member

because they're almost windproof they get quite hot too. i reckon there will be a better solution to what you want than jeanius jeans

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I used to wear these regularly to cruise a couple of miles to the local jump spot and back. Nothing too strenuous, plus maybe a couple of times to head into the hills for an hour or so. They are pretty waterproof, I found my arse got wet from spray off the back wheel but everything else was dry. Grit sticking to the jeans probably made that worse. They did get a bit of condensation inside but normally I steam up in any waterproofs, and overall I'd say they're good in that respect. I wouldn't wear them for training though, the fabric is fairly stiff and it would annoy me, I'd rather get wet shins and have the cooling/freedom to move.

steelfan
    Free Member

When I mean training I'm actually teaching kids to cycle on road. So I want something water resistant and warm for those cold winter days.

prettygreenparrot

They're OK. Weatherproof. If you wash them right and dry them right they stay that way. They do get hot if you are riding around. And they're good jeans. Well worth the money.

pjbarton
    Free Member

mine are barely water resistant at all. worked a bit for a few weeks – but the water goes straight through now. alpkit weren't really interested in looking at them either. although their service is normally amazing to be fair.

johnners
    Free Member
    The-Badger
    Free Member

i like mine, not for riding so much but for general outdoor use they are ace. good for walking, riding to the pub, putting out the bins on a rainy day etc.
    more stretch than usual jeans so better but not perfect for active use.
    waterproofing washes out in time, a lot less waterproof after even 4 washes – but still better than normal jeans.

good jeans – not a substitute for decent riding gear tho'

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any one used Alpkit Jeanius Jeans?’ is closed to new replies.