Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Any one seen any decent black Friday power meter deals?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Interested in stages (rival) or garmin vector s. Not powertap. Might consider crank based if cheap. Anyone?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Extra 10% off the Stages at Merlin which were already reasonably priced. 540 quid with the discount.

I got the Vector S from wiggle for about 650 with a platinum discount.

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks yep merlin code works. Tempting, Also have platinum discount with wiggle but they don’t stock stages (thought they did)

I’ll keep hunting round and see if I can find something better this evening in the hundreds of black Friday emails I have!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I did have a quick look around the usual places but couldn’t see anything better than that. Some discounts to be had on Quark ones but they are still quite a bit more expensive than stages.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    warton
    Free Member

470 is getting towards a buyable price for me. the more i use trainerroad and virtual power the more i realise training with HR is not ideal….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Haven’t heard the best reports about buying from powermeter24.

mrchrispy

I suspect the power meter market is going to start getting really competitive next year, I’m expecting prices to start to look more realistic. however at sub 500 for a stages I’m wishing I hadn’t blow my slush fund on winter wheels for the car now 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you’re not desperate for it now then I’d hold out for the 4iiii Precision next year. 400 dollars in the US and you can stick it on to whatever crankset you already have.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

only issue I’ve heard with powermeters24 is delayed shipping coincidently on Stages stuff,

i don’t get why the Quarq S-Works/Hollowgram Spiders are still priced as they were before the chainset price drop, id happily have a Quarq on my road bike if the spiders were priced inline with the rest of the range

adsh
    Free Member

I really think powermeters is one piece of kit where you need to do your customer service research.

DT78
    Free Member

Yea tend to agree. Haven’t seen anything outstanding from the usual players. Think I’ll wait for the 4iii

hofnar
    Free Member

Would be interested in a powertap older model no issue. If anyone seen some deals please shout.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I brought an older Powertap Pro in the wiggle price drop the other day for 330 quid. Just couldn’t get any reliable ANT+ signal from it. Went back. Shame really as my older one has been brilliant for a few years now.

calumf50
    Free Member

/\ Bump for this year /\

powermeter 24 have stages 6800 at £450, any one seen anything cheaper?

mrblobby
    Free Member

5700 at 400 quid at Merlin with the black Friday 10%.

Better still, Sigma doing the 2nd Gen Stages on latest 105 for 499. Add a gel or two to the basket to get it up over 500 quid and you get a 100 off bringing it down to 400 quid. Same price for the Rotor INPower. Also can get the Powertap C1 for £419 with that deal, which is tempting me for the turbo bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be reading this thread.

funkweasel
    Free Member

I have a dirty FSA chainset – would i have to upgrade it to a 105/ultegra one if I got the stages type PM? Or could it work with it somehow?

eskay

Evans had 105 stages for about £380 a few weeks ago.

Funkweasel – my son had FSA cranks and I converted across to Shimano Hollowtech. The FSA bottom bracket was not compatible.

Edit – just checked evans and 105 are now £359.40

link

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

A lot of comments are still applicable 12 months later, like wait until next year for 4iiii

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A lot of comments are still applicable 12 months later, like wait until next year for 4iiii

I suspect they’ve found the same thing I did in my masters (mine was on hockey sticks, but essentially the same as cranks, or rowing oars for that matter which is where a lot of this tech is coming from).

Attaching strain gauges to carbon structures is equal parts impossible and pointless.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Edit – just checked evans and 105 are now £359.40

Previous gen on old 105. I’d rather pay 400 for 2nd gen on new 105. Not that I’d get a Stages.

🙂

stevieallison
    Free Member

I thought the left crank arms were pretty much identical, i.e. the 5700 the same as the 5800 other than the colour/finish. You can use teh 105 with Ultegra/DA if you want to.

However, I too would prefer the 2nd Gen Stages.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well I’ve just succumbed to the C1. Look a good fit for the turbo bike. Shall report back when they turn up.

DT78
    Free Member

Well I picked up a rival a couple of months back from Merlin, they are even cheaper now at £360 – 10% and cashback

I bought a second, 105 / 5700 version from evans at £360, you get a £20 voucher as well and cashback (just received the voucher) can confirm it fits a 5800 compact chainset just fine. The (very small) difference is the graphic the colours are the same.

Must admit if I’d seen a v2 at £400 I would have been tempted.

Royles have pretty good deal on a tacx neo at the moment.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got a link for the Neo deal?

DT78
    Free Member

http://www.royles.biz/c/5078/Tacx-Black-Friday-Offer

if you were thinking of getting one anyway….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pretty good if there was 250 quid of other stuff you wanted from them. Am very tempted by a Neo, definitely a big step forward from something like the Kickr, but think I’ll wait for a few software revs to see how it evolves.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Any one seen any decent black Friday power meter deals?’ is closed to new replies.