Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any offers on tubeless tyres?
  • matt_geordie
    Free Member

Just wondering if the collective know of any offers on tubeless tyres (all Schwalbes seem to have gone from On-One)? Thinking about taking the plunge and giving it a go!

Also does any find the latex sealent dries up over time?

Thanks
    Matt

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was looking last night. Pair of nevegals can be had for £50 delivered from all terrain cycles.

saleem
    Free Member

I’ve a couple of n/nics I’d sell you cheap

redfordrider
    Free Member

Stans lasts about three months. Valves with removable cores make it easy to top up the sealant without to much fuss.

Northwind

Are you set on tubeless specific tyres? I don’t think I’ll use another UST tyre myself… Tubeless ready is useful and doesn’t usually come with any real downsides but most standard tyres work very well tubeless (most of my miles done tubeless have been on standard tyres)

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have Schwalbe NN TL ready as Northwind mentioned with no problems. I got mine Action Sports

househusband

Specialized do a good range of tubeless ready tyres (2Bliss) that suit all tastes and flavours – and can be had (depending on what you want) from £40/pr online. Very underrated and I’ve found them more reliable and easier to inflate than many UST tyres.

JohnnyPanic

Spesh Storm, Purgatory, Eskars. All in 2Bliss flavour (tubeless ready), about £20-23 a tyre, light & pump up like a dream (well, mine did).

matt_geordie
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice.

Does the sealent only last 3 months!? Do people take their tyres off and replace the sealent then? I just run the same tyres all year!

P.S. i got those Sun Chargers from CRC at Xmas and they come with the yellow rim tape, valves and a couple of small tubes of Stans sealents so thought might try it out.

Cheers
    Matt

landcruiser
    Free Member

Just swapped some tyres about, and the sealant in them (Stans) has been in there for a good year or so…. its fine. It can get a bit dry and gloopy, but I guess it depends on temperature etc.

I certainly don’t check mine at anything like 3 months.

PaulD
    Free Member

m,

You just add more sealant through the valve core and re-inflate.

I have a Schwalbe Fast Fred UST 26 x 2.0″ you can have for £20 posted; it is as-new having been fitted for one short off-road ride.

Mail me if interested.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any offers on tubeless tyres?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM