Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Marzocchi DJ3 (mk1) users here?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

The fork is heavily sprung, can I run it coil-less?
    How durable is it?
    What’s the biggest tyre I could run?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The 30mm stanchion model from 2002?

Take the coil out from one side?
    Probably fit a 2.5 high roller in it.
    Durability – My mates snapped at the brace. Dont remove the brake bosses whatever you do, the lowers will fall apart.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you have air caps? if so it can be run as an air fork or as david taylforth says run with just one spring in. You can get alternative springs as well

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well, maybe not Mk1, those from around 2003. With heavy metal-stylee decals.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just do the same, pretty sure they are all coil/air assist. I run one spring in the r/h side of my Z1 freerides, and a bit of air in the left

Also, the crown is probably cracked if its an 03, my mates both did.

Hairychested
    Free Member

They go for peanuts on ebay. Unless somebody has one here they want to let go or swap for z1sl 150mm QR (used but not cracked).

cookeaa

My 2003 DJ3s have 32mm Aluminium stanchions (Without the famed Cracking issue) you can change the ramp rate by reducing the oil levels too, there’s a table of Rider weight – Oil Volume if you look on the Marz web site.

Taking one/both springs out and basically converting to air is an option but you’ll need to adjust oil levels again as you will now no longer have displacement from the spring…

It’s a pretty basic fork they are very easy to “Tune” as you don’t have too many variables to consider…

Good luck…

MrTall
    Free Member

Had one of these on my Nephews jump bike which was useless for him at 5st as he got around 5mm of travel!

Swapped it onto a play bike for me (15/16st) and it was still pretty firm but to be fair has eased up with use and has gotten better, now giving most of the intended 80mm travel.

Even my nephew gets travel from it now so you may find it gets better with age……?

They weighs over 6lbs though. It’s a big lump of metal.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Rigid forks are best for dirt jumping, soft suspension forks are shite. Hence the marzocchi “dirt jumper” series are set up very stiff so you dont use all your travel when pumping through take offs etc.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m skint and need a shorter fork to replace the Z1SL I already have. These tend to be very cheap hence my interest.
    Is there another cheap as hell fork taking 2.4 adVantage’s?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Marzocchi DJ3 (mk1) users here?’ is closed to new replies.