Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any doctors want to live around 7 stanes?
  • properbikeco
    Free Member

Local health board desperate for GPs – very nice area to live and bring up a family

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-32739423

badnewz
    Free Member

If they are that desperate it’s unlikely you will have any time off work to enjoy the riding.

poly
    Free Member

badnewz – Member
    If they are that desperate it’s unlikely you will have any time off work to enjoy the riding.

Actually I think they are desperate enough you can negotiate your terms.

However, most health boards in Scotland (and possibly England) are in a similar position so GPs can pick and choose wherever they want.

The cynic in me might suggest that part of the problem is that GP practices are run like businesses with no real training or expertise in doing so…

andyecc
    Free Member

There are a few hospital vacancies in Dumfries also.
    If any medics (hospital or GP) are thinking about Dumfries and Galloway feel free to give me a shout. Happy to give advice about the area and local medical jobs.
    I’ve been very happy to live here since moving to take up a hospital consultant post ten years ago.

bforbertie

What Andy says; brilliant place to live and work for medics with an outdoor interest; Seven Stanes, great road biking, forests, moors, varied coastlines and good access to North or South. From the medical side historically (and remains in my view) a place where primary and secondary care work well together (stated from the GP side). Also available for extra info!

legolam
    Free Member

Bookmarked for a couple of year’s time 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any doctors want to live around 7 stanes?’ is closed to new replies.