Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Docs in the House V3
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well I posted back around 4 months ago and a couple of times since (loss of feeling in left … arm, leg, hand with pain in shoulder, neck & hip) well after a lot of physio things are slightly better but not much, basically in short the bones in the top of my spine(C7 neck area), shoulder and neck are seized up with no movement and are in turn pushing on the nerves and all the muscles in the neck, shoulder and upper back are solid all of the time, there is no movement at all and physio cannot get the spine moving or the surounding bones.

Now 4 months down the line I am still in a lot of pain, even a 50 meter walk is like a marathon and the actual physio is hurendous. Now I have never had a CT scan, my physio keep saying give it another week, then another and so on. Putting the refered pain aside most of the continual pain comes from my C7 in spine where the nerves are trapped. As far as I can tell the spine C7 or near there is causing the problems with my Hip, leg, arm and shoulder…. Should I be demanding a scan, 4 months seems way too long to me to be still this bad… or is it normal for such an acute case to carry on for so long?

scaredypants

blimey, I think I'd have got arsey quite a long time ago if I were you

did your GP refer you to the physio ?

what diagnosis have they made & how did they confirm?
    what progress should be expected if diagnosis is correct?
    what eventual outcome & how long?

why should you delay a CT?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

no formal diagnosis, yes GP referred me to physio as unknown problem, physio has found places on my spine and back when pushed my left side goes numb so trapped nerves were said to be the problem, when my C7 is moved a bit the numbness & pins & needles stop, but investigation shoes most of my top (neck, spine, shoulder etc) the bones have little to no movement and all the muscles are solid, she is guessing all trapped nerves from the C7 (apparently where all the nerves travel through or near) so in short no formal diagnosis just trial and error. I have complained, a lot.. and have been back to the GP 5 times now. I really have had enough……………..

chunkypaul
    Free Member

like as scaredpants says, i'd be getting very arsey as well

if your condition is significantly degrading your quality of life, keep pushing for a scan or even an operation to check the problem area

i work with a guy who had two years of physio following a back operation and kept returning, in the end their operated and discovered part of his vertebra and nerves rubbing (very basic descripion) which was causing severe pain in his upper legs, he required a further work to shave off a bit of the bone to elevative the problem – three years later he is nearly back to normal but still has physio work

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

A referral to a neurosurgeon or spinal orthopaedic surgeon seems appropriate at this stage

iamsporticus
    Free Member

referral to a surgeon!!
    oh yes if you are lucky

my mum spent 9 months being fobbed off by cambridge nhs sending her to physios before she threatened to sue and she eventuslly saw a surgeon who operated inside 2 weeks

make sure you dont get referred anywhere round here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Docs in the House V3’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM