Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any cyclescheme experts out there?
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Could someone tell me how much this bike would cost me if i got some help from cyclescheme.

I am looking at a Cotic Flare from a cyclescheme registered dealer for around £3000. This is obviously higher than the limit so what roughly what discount would i get?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Very roughly about £200

Just ask for a discount in the shop

monkeyboyjc

2k + £1000 cyclescheme scheme voucher at approx £50 a month for 12 months out of your paycheck =£600. However it then gets a little more complicated.

Sooooo

If you stick with the company your getting it through for the next 6yrs (Inc the first year of hp repayments) you’d save approx £400 with no final (buying the asset from the company payment).

If you leave in a year you’d save £150-200ish (and have to payback the difference in your final paycheck by ‘buying the asset’).

mechanicaldope

Is it even that simple? If you leave after a year, don’t you essentially have to pay the market rate for a used version of your bike? A used £3k bike is going to be fairly pricey second hand.

benpinnick

Is it even that simple? If you leave after a year, don’t you essentially have to pay the market rate for a used version of your bike? A used £3k bike is going to be fairly pricey second hand.

Letter of the law yes – but then you should’t have a 3K bike either, so no – in reality no-one pays the final value.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you mean cycle to work scheme?

This is obviously higher than the limit so what roughly what discount would i get?

Do you mean you’re using a £1k voucher and topping up the extra £2k.

Standard rate tax payer means you’ll pay about £650 of the £1k.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Letter of the law yes – but then you should’t have a 3K bike either

My employer allows us to buy bikes of value up to £3k, I think it’s something to do with having a credit licence?.

munrobiker
    Free Member

What Nobeer said, you could get a £3k voucher if your employer has a credit license.

You can use this calculator to figure it out-

https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/calculator

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I know about the credit license but this bit

This is obviously higher than the limit so what roughly what discount would i get?

suggests the op is topping up from the £1k generic limit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any cyclescheme experts out there?’ is closed to new replies.