Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Any car salesmen here?
  • martstaff
    Free Member

Just out of interest, for the industry insiders, How many deals are secured with finance as opposed to a cash sale?

*looks at large old glass whisky bottle full of pennies*

About 80% of new cars are bought on finance and by the time you count back loans etc, probably about 60% of used also

ourmaninthenorth

Appreciate that the OP asked for info from care sales people and only one has responded (in among all the opinion), but I’ll wade in anyway:

The macro decision should be “buy or lease”. If you decide to lease, then it’s a simple rental payment.

If you buy – whether with your own cash, cash borrowed from a bank or dealer finance – then all you ever do is cover the cost of the depreciation between the purchase price and your eventual sale price.

The secret is to find the method you’re happiest with to cover that cost.

Assuming that buying cars is some dark art with sales people ready at every turn to trip up the unwary is massively over thinking it.

After all, cars – except in very few circumstances – are just white goods like your fridge or washing machine. Do we really agonise over those in the same way?

Sundayjumper

Do we really agonise over those in the same way?

No, because they tend to be an order of magnitude or two cheaper ! I can spend £300 without worrying too much. £30,000 would be rather different.

johndoh
    Free Member

After all, cars – except in very few circumstances – are just white goods like your fridge or washing machine.

Mine is black. Car and washing machine.

woody74

CarWow is good for sure and look for other companies doing finance. They are loads cheaper than the dealers and banks. Just play one off the other and see the monthly payments drop.

these guys were good. http://www.finance4cars.co.uk

BearBack
    Free Member

OP is in Canada as far as I understand and looking for a used car.
    Lease is not an option on a used car (unless it’s a lease transfer or still almost new/low kms)
    Finance is an option but most dealers will want to target your monthly payment budget. Deal only with your out the door price (on the road price for Brits) then discuss your finance options once you have agreed a total purchase price with all taxes and fees included.
    If you try to buy a car only talking about your monthly finance payments, you will pay too much. Your bank is entirely likely to be cheaper a far as the total cost of the finance/loan.
    Dealers absolutely make money on used car sales as they should, but they make plenty on the black art of dealer financing.
    You’d be better of on red flag deals or autos.ca forums for guidance on buying a car in Canada.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Any car salesmen here?’ is closed to new replies.