Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any better generic Christmas presents than a bottle of wine?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

The lazy part of my (quite a large part..) just gets a bottle of wine for some distant cousin every year. Without getting into the whys and wherefores of present buying has anyone got any good ideas for someone I don’t really know for about a tenner rather than a bottle of plonk again?!

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Chocolate:

[ethical suggestion]
    Or send them a charity Xmas card with a ‘standard’ blurb in the bottom saying you’re not doing presents this year, but donating 50% of what you may have spent to charity
    [/ethical suggestion]

[unethical suggestion]
    either do it for real or dont (will they know the difference)
    [/unethical suggestion]

EDIT: just realised my suggestion does kind of assume the gift giving is by post

yunki
    Free Member

LSD

project
    Free Member

All the people we know and customers who are nice are getting tins of biscuits,everyone likes biscuits, theyre chepish, asnd you get a tin to store bits in or to recycle, and you dont get a hangover.

and i hate wine.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Gin. Tesco’s cheapest.

Karinofnine

This is why I don’t do Christmas, because of this obligation to buy presents for people you hardly know and frankly don’t give a stuff about. However, acknowledging that lots of people are in that situation, may I suggest one of those sponsor a dog/donkey/duck/child things. Your obligation is fulfilled, their expectation is met and, somewhere, a donkey gets a pat on the head. Everyone’s a winner!

willard

Nice socks, maybe merino ones. Nothing festive and silly, just good quality socks.

Ringo
    Free Member

Yunki, can I be on your Xmas list 🙂

Nick

Two bottles of wine?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What about the obligation to buy for in-laws you pathologically hate for fear of upsetting your brother?

john_drummer
    Free Member

a case of wine?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any better generic Christmas presents than a bottle of wine?’ is closed to new replies.