Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any better deals on full face helmets than this?
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Doubt it, but bear in mind that 661 kit is really bulky on weight etc.

Looks ok to me, what more you want for £40 odd.

wee-al
    Free Member

I've got one, i found it really comfy. Long days in 30deg c heat. Took a fair chunk out the top of it one day, but that's it's job!

ton

tyres arrived yet ❓

sarkmeister
    Free Member

I bought one of those in the sandy colour for a trip to the alps a few weeks ago. Can't fault it. Obviously its not as light as some of the carbon ones, but was a similar weight to my friends Giro that cost 3 times as much.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Unless your mate has a carbon remedy (which is a lot lighter than the 661 shown here), he didn't pay 3 times as much.

yoshimi

Sure you've geard it all before but its about the fit.
    I've had a few 661 full facers and even though good value for money I was never that impressed with them. I've had two where the polysyrene has come away from the shell and thionk the internal padding is a bit poor. One thing with that one in particular is the white / light colour trim to the opening; I found it to cast funny reflections on my goggles athough easily bypassed by use of some black indsulation tape.
    I went to a Giro Remedy and much prefered that:)

yoshimi

sure you can get Remedys for about £80, my carbon was £110 IIRC

flyingmonkeycorps

As long as it fits you it's a great helmet. I got one for the Alps and my brain appears to be intact.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its all about fit, 661 have 2 shapes as well as different sizes, so just because one 661 XL helmet fits doens't mean that another will too.

I've a strike and think its great, not crashed in it yet though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any better deals on full face helmets than this?’ is closed to new replies.