Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ants – how to prevent / get rid of
  • younggeoff

Ok spotted a few of the little buggers on the kitchen floor and one on the work surface. Cleanded everything up, made sure nothing lying around to attract them so how do I get rid of them?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

glenh
    Free Member

leanded everything up, made sure nothing lying around to attract them so how do I get rid of them?

Keep it that way. They won't hang around if there is nothing to eat.

slowjo
    Free Member

Surf Mat – can you bring that thing round for me this weekend?

I bet the guys who used flamethrowers in combat were petrified, one bullet in the tank and that's it, you are fried.

argyle
    Free Member

find where they are coming from, pour boiling water down ant hole, repeat, laugh as you destroy worlds

samuri
    Free Member

They can sniff out food in cupboards. You'll never stop them coming in.

The trick is to give them an alternative. Throw half an apple in the corner of your garden away from your house, if they keep coming in, line up little bits of apple along the base of your house, they eat the apple and go home.

organic355
    Free Member

these work pretty well, destroys the nest too.

iDave
    Free Member

sprinkle some cornflower round where they were before – they take it back to feed all the ant peeps at home and their poor little tummies swell up and they die a slow agonising death.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

No mention of Ripley yet?

slowjo
    Free Member

"mmm another f***ing bug hunt!"

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ant hives are clever things. Phase IV happened in my home this week. Went into the shoe-cupboard, aka the downstairs loo, to find a column of ants from the window to the sink. I think they were after water as it's been so dry.

After the second line scouts fail to return, the hive stops sending scouts in that direction. I lay a line of powder around the outside wall-ground corner and it cut off the communication line quite quickly. They were soon gone.

grievoustim
    Free Member

similar problems here – if you "clear" an area I find they go away for a few days then come back

someone has suggested leaving a few dead ones around – idea being they see the bodies and think "blimey , there's an ant killer here I'm off"

singletrackmind

a cup of sweet white wine, with a sugar coated ramp is aledged to work . Same idea as the others^^^^ ants walk up the ladder, fall in , get hammered. – drown. Search party follows em in, there is no second search party.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Nuke the site from orbit. Only way to be sure.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

pore petrol out of a stihl saw and light it making sure the saw is miles out of the way and not in your hand un like me lol 😳

PJM1974
    Free Member

Napalm.

It's the only thing the buggers understand.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Has Flying ant Day been yet?

Joolz
    Free Member

Aren't you glad you didn't ask for the cure to hiccups? 😀

I second the antstop bait stations, I've used these, they work.

Alternatively, trap a few live ants (humanely) and massage their tummies with custard, they get so freaked out they bugger off to someone elses kitchen.

UncleFred
    Free Member

+1 for the Ant stop. I had some success with Nippon gel for a few weeks, now they just look at it, laugh and walk around it.

atlaz
    Free Member

What organic said.. the baitstations killed our problem. I bought about 4 of them though

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ants – how to prevent / get rid of’ is closed to new replies.