Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Anti Terrorist posters
  • grizzlygus
    Free Member

notlocal did you actually read my post which you took that quote from ? If you did, you will have also read “Whether the threat was real or imaginary

Personally I think if the government wants to unite the people and make them feel that they are part of the fight against a common enemy, then that common enemy should be ‘Climate Change’ since the threat is real and current. It is also far more deadly than any alleged terrorist threat.

juan
    Free Member

tut tu griz
    are you a red or something 😉
    notlocal I only propose because I am not brits …

grizzlygus
    Free Member

juan I suspect that notlocal might also be erm …….. not local ?

votchy
    Free Member

surely the chemical containers should’ve been in the recycling bin

juan
    Free Member

griz I know but I am not sure he knows about me…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is this poster for real? In fact, are any of them for real?

That’s me, on an STW ride! 😀

One little brown one, amongst a load of pink ones.

Mind, I’d be suspicious of me. Nasty little thing…

juan
    Free Member

Mind, I’d be suspicious of me
    Well I can’t see that many people wanted to ride with you 😉 you talk way too much… 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m too upset now. 😥

MrAgreeable

Is this poster for real?

The URL where’s its hosted should give you a clue…

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Which URL is that?? 😯

GrahamS
    notlocal
    Free Member

Grizz apologies, I wasn’t attacking you personally, I just wanted to raise the point that some of the media is increasing public paranoia of anything seen to be not British. It’s worrying how quickly people lash out and attack when presented with the “facts” by the media. It must be worrying enough being a Muslim in these troubled times, never mind Sikh or other Asian denomination.

Anyway, to lighten the mood, here’s a little story of what happens when fear and rumour get out of control.
    Once upon a time, during the Napoleonic war, a cargo ship carrying supplies for the war was wrecked off the NE coast of Britain. On board the boat was a crate containing monkeys.
    Now, being extremely loyal, and curious; the local population went to investigate the wreck, as there were rumours circulating of a French Naval invasion. When the local people discovered the monkeys running around the beach, they immediately rounded them up as prisoners of war and removed them to the local garrison.
    None of them had ever seen a monkey, and certainly no-one could speak French, so upon interrogation, the strange hairy Frenchmen who could not speak English were tried and found guilty of being french sailors serving on board the French fleet. Angered by the nerve of the French attack, the sailors were duly hanged by the people of a small North Eastern village.
    The name of the village? Hartlepool. Henceforth, all sons of Hartlepool were referred to and known as Monkey Hangers.
    And they all lived happily ever after.
    The End 😆 😆 😆

As for not being local, you are correct in your guess. Northumbrian living in Scotland, so I know how being an ethnic minority feels, haha.

GrahamS

Yep, my local in Aberdeen was called “The Noose and Monkey” because the owners were from Hartlepool.

(A Scot living in Northumberland)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Fascinating. Can we call Peter Mandellson a Monkey Hanger, then?

Moses

Grizz- you’re slightly wrong.
    The ship was a warship. and instead of a crate of monkeys there was just one – the ship’s mascot, who was dressed in a miniature uniform. So he looked and talked just like a small, hairy Frenchman. Yes, obviously a spy.

notlocal
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve heard that version too Moses. Almost as funny as the story of a mate who asked a fireman for the colour of his Fire Engine when writing out a vehicle pass. We were in the RAF, and at the time all engines were red, just like his face when he realised his cock up. I thought the driver was going to pee himself laughing. It must be a Wearside thing, coz he was from Sunderland. 😀

notlocal
    Free Member

GrahamS, I’m from Morpeth originally, now living in Braemar. I’ll give you a bump the next time I plan to visit my folks, and you can show me around your “local” trails. I wouldn’t have a clue as I joined up when I was 16. I’ve been in Scotland since ’89, so only have another 40 or so years before being accepted. I think I’ve only survived this long because of being a Borderer, Ha ha ha.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Anti Terrorist posters’ is closed to new replies.