Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anthem x3 2011
  • zippykona

Been looking at one of these on the web. Seems to tick all my boxes.
    A few questions to anyone that owns one.
    Are you tied to giant bars and stems, what does a stock one weigh and how long will the frame bearings last?
    I used to have a nrs which compared to a battered old mount vision felt far from plush. Occasionally my knee plays up and then I need plush ,are they?

treefeller
    Free Member

Get one. I have several bikes and this is my fave at the moment. I changed bar and stem soon as I got mine, 65mm stem. Also it pedals really well with the propedal off, which is comfy.

zippykona

Have you weighed it?

treefeller
    Free Member

28ibs all standard.

zippykona

There’s all kind of fancy weights listed by people on the web. Is there a really heavy bit that people take off. I would stick my hope wheels on which are pretty light.
    My 2000 mount vision comes in at 28 with rubbish bits on it. Looking to get a full sus that comes in around 26 so should be achievable.

nuke

Are you tied to giant bars and stems

I thought 2011 was the last year before they introduced ‘Overdrive’ or whatever it’s called that had the new diameter steerer. Makes 2011 the year of Giant to buy imo.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The overdrive 2 headtube can be adapted to take normal tapered or 1 1/8″ easily enough, just a new headset upper bearing, compression ring & top cap.

andermt
    Free Member

I have a 2011 Anthem X frame (with 2010 X3 bits fitted) and a 2012 X4 for my lad and both have new stems and bars.

Weights for the 2 are 28lbs for my XL frame which has some lighter and some heavier bits (dropper post) on it. And 26.5lbs for my lads small frame. That is a std bike other than stem and seat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anthem x3 2011’ is closed to new replies.