Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 'New' build – rigid titanium alfined 69'er… niche & shiny :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Finally getting round to building this frame up (bought s/hand off the classifieds ages ago). Going to try a rigid 69'er alfine setup to start with, no idea how it's going to handle with the big wheel up front, hopefully not too badly! 😆 I do have a new XMC 130 fork to go on there (thanks CRC sale), but thought I'd try this setup out for a bit… I don't think it looks too bad?

It's all about the shiny with this bike 8) Have ordered some silver braided HEL brake lines to keep up the theme… not sure if I should go with a silver stem or not, what does the STW massive reckon?

And here's a gratuitous head badge shot, just because it's awesome 🙂

whyter

The bars look like something off a Raleigh Activator 😉 Everything else looks suitably niche for STW. I do like the head badge, though 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

The bars look like something off a Raleigh Activator

I think it's the angle of the pic maybe… they're older CT2 Monkeylites, need to sort out a new pair, these are quite narrow! Might go with an OS model and a shorter stem (I think it's a 90mm on there at the moment).

psychle
    Free Member

cough…

mboy
    Free Member

I do have a new XMC 130 fork to go on there

Errrr

It's designed around an 80mm fork mate! When The Swede had it with a 100mm fork on it looked a touch slacker than ideal to be fair…

You do seriously like to be controversial don't you, it's as if you're doing it on purpose! 😕

😉

psychle
    Free Member

really? 😯 I thought he was running longer fork than that… hmmmmmm…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

How long are those cranks going to stay lovely?

mboy
    Free Member

100mm Fox's I'm sure… May have been 120mm possibly

Either way, they made the front end look quite a bit too slack in comparsion to other Indy Fab's I've seen…

psychle
    Free Member

How long are those cranks going to stay lovely?

not sure… they've been clear powdercoated, so hopefully a while, time will tell!

100mm Fox's I'm sure… May have been 120mm possibly

Just checked through my back emails, he was running a 120mm fork, frame is designed round a 100mm. Guess I'll see how the 130mm feels and take it from there, too late to send it back to CRC now!

mboy
    Free Member

too late to send it back to CRC now!

Never too late, there's always the receipt…

That's it yeah he had 120's on, defo looked too slack IMO though.

psychle
    Free Member

I think the Singular fork I've got on there now is 100mm corrected actually, though it's offset (is that the right word) for a 69'er setup, does this make a difference?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

I'd go for a ti stem. My 110mm ti cycles one for sale would look lovely

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘'New' build – rigid titanium alfined 69'er… niche & shiny :-)’ is closed to new replies.