Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another trail conditions thread (AFAN)
  • petehunjan
    Free Member

Hi all,

anyone been to Afan over easter? Whats the trail conditions like with the recent weather? Is it generally very busy over Easter??

Ive never been before and have an opportunity on Monday. Want to give the Wall a go along with the bike park. I believe its all open according to the website or am I missing something??

Thanks in advance

Pete

ART

Minor diversion at the beginning of the White’s/ Skyline climb – otherwise all open and running dry & fast … in fact driest it’s been in a fair old while. Expected it to be busy today – what with it being Easter and the first round of the 4x running tomorrow up by the Cabins – but saw surprisingly few people on the trails. Enjoy.
    🙂

petehunjan
    Free Member

Oooh, that sound promising, Cheers!

upsanddowns
    Free Member

Hi,

Off to Afan Sunday, anyone been last few days? Any bit closed or to avoid just now?

kayak23

The whites level climb is partially closed for harvesting from the very bottom. Instead, you go along the tarmac cycleway and then head up a road and then a track to rejoin.
    Some locals have helpfully nicked some of the diversion signs but we found the way.
    It’s steep as hell but doable.

No other diversions I can think of. Trails were running perfect last weekend.

upsanddowns
    Free Member

Thanks Kayak,

BBC weather says

“Dry and bright on Sunday with some sunny spells, becoming breezy later.”

I’ll take that! 🙂

So looking forward to it!

andyrm
    Free Member

The Wall was running superfast last weekend, and even had (shock horror)actual dust in places!

Bike park seems to have bedded in nicely too – was busy but there wasn’t any significant waiting to get more runs in

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another trail conditions thread (AFAN)’ is closed to new replies.